Silverlake Independent JCC Preschool
- The SIJCC Preschool has been part of the Silverlake community for the last 50 years.
- SIJCC is a play-based, Jewish community preschool teaching children from two years of age until they are ready to enter Kindergarten.
- Offering full and half day programs, 5 days a week - SIJCC Preschool has 8 aged-grouped classrooms, with low child to teacher ratio.
- the school runs on an 11 month program. During the month of August there is four weeks of Summer Care.
- SIJCC Preschool hosts a Parent and Me program for children 14-30 months.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.