Skipwith Road KinderCare
The staff at Skipwith KinderCare would like to invite you into our classrooms! We believe that there is no better way to understand just how passionate we are about our children and their families.
We love to interact and 'play' with our children while partnering with you to help them grow and develop into confident, self-assured individuals.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Skipwith KinderCare. Our experts designed our
classrooms - and every activity and lesson - to help prepare your
child for success in school and beyond. With designated
learning centers such as dramatic play and blocks in every
classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play and
You'll also find that our classrooms feature a print-rich environment full of carefully selected materials, written charts and labels, and children's literature. By helping your child connect spoken words and print, we're helping develop early literacy and writing skills.
Whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, we're excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning!
- Safety is one of the most important aspects of our job here at Skipwith KinderCare. We have a designated employee who coordinates all aspects of health and safety. Our health and safety coordinator ensures that proper procedures are being utilized, training is completed and paperwork is done properly. We also have several team members in the building at all times who are able to administer medication or CPR. In the state of Virginia you are required to have specific classes in order to do both. A question we will often be asked by inquiring parent's regards our pick up process. Only authorized personnel are allowed to pick up, view or inquire about your children. If we cannot verify the individual who is trying to pick up your child, they are turned away. We take great pride in knowing that the parents feel secure while we are caring for their children.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Yes - Work with any county, NACCRRA
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Skipwith Road KinderCare?
The application deadline for Skipwith Road KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Skipwith Road KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.