5.00 (2 reviews)
- Skyuka Hall is an independent, non-profit K-12 school specialing in serving children who have been diagnosed with a learning difference i.e.ADHD,Dyslexia,Dysgraphia, or Asperger's Syndrome or a combination of these diagnoses.
- The curriculum is traditional but indivdualized in reading, writing, math and taught in a non-traditional manner of 8:1 average student/teacher ratio.
- Awarded National Beta School of Merit designation in 2018.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD/Dyslexia/ Dysgraphia/Asperger|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,600|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,655|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available 10-month payment plan|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Amber Beason|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Climbing, Cross Country, Golf, Rock Climbing, Track and Field, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Bowling,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Golf, Rock Climbing,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Drama Club, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Digital Creations, Graphic Design, Mixed Media Design, Photography Class
- Admission Procedure: 1.Submit an inquiry online to receive more information about Skyuka Hall. 2.Submit a Completed application with your child's most recent psychoeducational evaluation and IEP (if applicable). 3.Schedule a full-day visit for your child. The faculty and administrative team will assess your child during the visit. 6.The Admissions Committee will meet when your child's file is complete. You will be notified about acceptance within 1-2 weeks of the admission committee's decision.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chattanooga Grades: 6-12 | 1067 students
171 Baylor School Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423)267-5902 2.1 6-12
- Chattanooga Grades: 8-12 | 18 students
911 Pineville Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423)425-0215 3 8-12
The school is a blessing to children who are very smart but have learning differences. Teacher care about your child's education and they are trained in methodologies that work. By sending your child to Skyuka Hall, you are paving a future for your child, breathing life into your child by giving your child the help needed. This is what I have done, I have an adopted son that has dyslexia; he has an IQ of 120 but reads at the 2nd grade level at the age of 11 years old. It did not matter how well his IEP was written, year after year he was left behind. He is in the 7th grade and his future has changed with attending Skyuka Hall. My son will go to college and one day own a company. He knows what he wants to do he has dreams. What would his future have been reading at the 2nd grade level in 6th grade with above average intelligence.
- Posted by Parent - Dawnmarie Goll
Skyuka Hall is the best school around for students who are not able to handle a typical school. My son started Skyuka Hall when he was in 4th grade, he is now in 8th getting ready to move on to High School. The new principal is amazing and is working on getting a High School!
- Posted by Parent - Ellen
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.