Solid Rock Community School
- Solid Rock Community School is open to students in grades K-12. Our school features small class sizes and a low student-to-teacher ratio, allowing students to receive the attention they deserve. Solid Rock Community school offers an "out of the box" approach to education. Experience the Solid Rock Community School difference! www.solidrockcs.org.
Solid Rock Community School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Council for Exceptional Children
Other school association(s)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism, SLD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(dress code: modest clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||McKay Scholarship, Step Up For Students Scholarship, AAA Scholarship, Gardner/PLSA, Veterans, HOPE, Tuition Assistance, Work-Exchange|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Yost|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Outreach, Construction Club (woodshop), Culinary Arts, Kayaking, Odyssey of the Mind
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Thespian Society, Worship Band, Yearbook
- Solid Rock Community School is a K-12th grade accredited private school. Solid Rock began on its journey to develop a non-traditional approach to "school" that truly recognizes each student`s individual academic, social, and emotional needs.Solid Rock Community School is a school community that finds joy in work, in play, and in the discovery and realization of personal potential. Our dedicated and qualified staff provides a nurturing environment offering quality education and a low teacher-to-student ratio. Embracing diversity of background, culture, personalities, and thought, the school seeks to provide a life-altering opportunity to its students.Experience the Solid Rock Community School difference!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Port Richey Grades: K-12 | 93 students
10005 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
(727) 845-8150 9.4 K-12
- Hudson Grades: K-12 | 182 students
9403 Scot St
Hudson, FL 34669
(727) 863-1825 13 K-12
- New Port Richey Grades: PK-11 | 69 students
4416 Thys Road
New Port Richey, FL 34653
(727) 842-8919 4.9 PK-11
- New Port Richey Grades: K-12 | 59 students
5940 Massachusetts Ave
New Port Richey, FL 34652
(727) 848-4593 7.3 K-12
My children both attended Solid Rock Community School and had very positive experiences there. That's saying a lot for the school's ability to reach children with different learning needs since my children are polar opposites whose needs are vastly different. SRCS was excellent about meeting their individual needs. My children were able to develop individual relationships with their teachers that I believe fostered a trust in them that helped motivate them to learn more. I hope someday my grandchildren will be attending SRCS and gaining the same benefits their parents had.
- Posted by Parent - Melinda
As a parent of 2 graduates of Solid Rock, I was very happy with their school experience. They were able to enjoy sports, Friday night football games, dances, a wonderful graduation ceremony, and all the things I wanted them to experience while in high school in addition to strong academics while attending Solid Rock. My oldest son was dual enrolled in college while a junior and senior and my younger son was able to do an internship his senior year in the field that he wished to pursue upon graduation. The staff was always helpful, and I felt that, upon graduation, my children were well prepared for the next step in life academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Posted by Parent - Missy
As a graduate of Solid Rock Community School I can tell you that is just that. A community. A community based on love and acceptance. I learned more in my 7 years there than when I was in public school. The uniqueness of the teaching and the student to teacher ratio is something that I would have never been able to succeed without. There are so many different activities for every individual. Everyone is included and no one is left behind. Very thankful for this school and the hearts of each and every staff member.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Graduate
Solid Rock Community School changed my life for the better. The uniqueness of the teaching and the student to teacher ration helped me succeed and get to where I am today. There are so many different activities for every individual. No one is left behind and always included. I learned so much there in my seven years of attending. So thankful to have been apart of something so incredible.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Name
I am a graduate of Solid Rock. Loved my time there. The staff is really nice and helpful, they care about you. I had been to a few schools before I went there and they became "home". I''m now in college but I will always remember my Solid Rock days and friends.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Miche
Anyone who is searching for a private school would be well advised to consider this school. They have created a community of people who love kids, love God and live out their lives with character. We currently have four of our six children enrolled and they all love to GO TO SCHOOL. That is not common. This school is not common. From the unique approach to teaching and learning to the unique schedule, I can not say enough about this school. We plan on enrolling our 4 year old next year and pray that she will graduate high school from Solid Rock Community School.
- Posted by Parent - ckays
The teachers here were absolutely fantastic. There are plenty of sports and a great, friendly, family-like atmosphere. Any one can participate in athletics at Solid Rock no matter their skill level.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - willi
Very happy with the school. I would recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - miche