Elfers Christian School
5.00 (6 reviews)
School Principal, Rick Robertson 'Please, stop by or call. I'd love to have one of my staff show you around and give you a quick tour. They are also current parents or have had graduates here, so they can answer many of your questions from both sides of the desk!'
- Sponsored by First Baptist Church of Elfers, FL, ECS was established in 1987 as a traditional K-12 school.
- With an average enrollment of 235 the school has an open, evangelical mission enrollment to the community at large and serves Christian families from over 45 local churches.
- The High School offers Honor Track classes, FL Virtual School electives and College Dual Enrollment. FBCE also sponsors EC-Preschool serving 1 year olds through 4 year olds with a VPK program. Call our offices to set up a visit to tour the campus.
- We would love to have you visit and find out why children "Soar like Eagles" at ECS.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||285 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Solid or stiped polo shirt, blue/black/khaki pants. Elementary can wear jeans.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,900|
|Tuition Notes||$4800 - K thru 5th $4900 - 6th thru 8th $5200 - 9th thru 12th|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,200|
|Admissions Director||Richard (Rick) Robertson, Jr., Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Morelli, Admin/Guidance|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
- For initial screening for academic eligibilty to enter a grade level, the parent must secure parent copies or school copies of the following and bring them to the tour/interview or submit them with the application for consideration: A) 2 previous years of Report Cards, includes current year, B) 2 previous standardized test scores. They may be either the FCAT, SAT, ITBS, CAT or other end-of-year achievement test administered in recent years, C) copies of ANY AND ALL IEP's, ESE, Gifted or classroom accommodation requirements from previous schools. Behavioral eligibilty will be determined via interviewing the parents and student. References and contacts from previous or current school shall include teacher, guidance, principal, coaches or instructional staff. Disciplinary records which include any suspensions or probations will be requested from the school or parents can bring copies to the Principal's interview for review and consideration. Middle and high school students are interviewed as individuals prior to acceptance. MS/HS students are welcome to provide references from youth pastors, coaches and other social mentors.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HudsonGrades: K-12 | 141 students
9403 Scot St
Hudson, FL 34669
- New Port RicheyGrades: 1-12 | 41 students
5940 Massachusetts Ave
New Port Richey, FL 34652
- New Port RicheyGrades: K-12 | 106 students
10005 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
- Tarpon SpringsGrades: K-12 | 250 students
1350 East Lake Road N
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
- New Port RicheyGrades: PK-8 | 65 students
4416 Thys Road
New Port Richey, FL 34653
Elfers christian school was the best thing I did for my kids. Great education , wonderful staff , I feel they are safe environment. I plan to keep theem their until they graduate . It's a great place for my kids and I recommend this school to future students.
- Posted by Parent - Cathi beeman
I have three of my children enrolled in Elfers. It is amazing to me how heartfelt these teachers are. This isn't just a job ! They have a passion! They have great communication with me. Which is extremely important when it comes to their academics. My children aren't just another student in that school. I appreciate the over and beyond teaching measures. I highly recommend this school ! And it's even better that is is K to 12.
- Posted by Parent - Tiffany deonativia
In a time when it is scary to send a child to school, I have confidence that my children are educated and cared about to the highest standard. The teachers enjoy their jobs and truly want to see my children excel. Then, the help they get with scholarships for their future is truly a blessing.
- Posted by Parent - Tayln19
My kids have both attended Elfers Christian School and I cannot thank the faculty and staff enough for the academic and spiritual training they provided my children. The time and dedication that each of the ECS employees put in is immeasurable. This is because they are not just staff members, they are mentors as well.A little background, my son started at ECS in third grade and graduated in 2015 as Class Valedictorian. My daughter, who will graduate in May is her class' Salutatorian. We are very proud of our kids, and I know if we had sent them to a public school, they would never have reached their full potential.There are great sports, clubs, and other activities afforded to middle and high school students. So, if you're looking for the right school to place your child, look no further than Elfers Christian. Not only is it very affordable, it's also a place of positive spiritual and academic growth. Thank you!
- Posted by Parent - Gail B.
My two daughters attend Elfers Christian. My 11 year old has been enrolled since she was in daycare at 18months and has been through Elementary.Now on to the 6th grade (middle school) The caring & loving facility and teachers is one of the many reason I chose to keep my children at Elfers year after year! They keep in good contact with the parents & I never have to worry about their safety. Elfers takes learning & safety seriously and that`s worth every cent spent . Elfers is not just a wouderful school, it feels like family!!
- Posted by Parent - Elfers Christian School
ECS is an excellent school! I have 2 girls at ECS, one will be a senior and has attended ECS from preschool and the other is an elementary student. Both have excelled academically, socially and spiritually through the help and support of the teachers and staff at ECS! Putting your child in a private Christian School is a sacrifice financially for families, but we feel it is worth every penny! It is for sure an investment into our girls lives today and for what they will bring to their communities in the future!
- Posted by Parent - Tiffany Brown
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.