First Christian Academy
Tel: (727) 943-7411
- It is the mission of First Christian Academy to connect children and families to Christ through Christian education.
- It is our vision for your children to develop lifelong Christian character traits making them strong enough to withstand life`s challenges as they embark on their high school years.
- At First Christian Academy, we believe in providing children with the highest level of academic excellence in a loving, Christian environment.
- We teach the ABeka curriculum in grades K-2 and use a variety of other publishers for grades 3-6. Our students score in the top third of all students nationally in many areas on the Terra Nova Achievement Test.
- Our foundation is built on strong Biblical principles and all grades enjoy daily Bible lessons, weekly chapel sessions and Spiritual Emphasis Week.
First Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniform (Elem/MS only))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||*For tuition costs please see our website.*We accept "Step Up For Students", "Family Empowerment", and "McKay" scholarships in our K-8.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cheer Club, Music Club, Odyssey of the Mind
Arts and Music Programs:
- At First Christian Academy, we believe in providing children with the highest level of academic excellence in a loving, Christian environment. Most of our students score in the top third of all students nationally on the annual Terra Nova testing. All grades enjoy daily Bible lessons, weekly Chapel sessions, and a Spiritual Emphasis Week in the spring. Biblical principles are not just taught in Bible class. Biblical integration takes place in all subject areas. The development of Christian character traits and the importance of using good manners is emphasized throughout the year.FCA strives to provide a solid academic foundation for each of our students. We aim for excellence, while presenting the subject matter in a flexible and fun way that meets the needs of a diverse student body with many different learning styles. All of our classes utilize smart-boards in their instruction and lessons encourage creativity and build critical thinking skills.Dedicated staff and families care about each other and the growth and development of all of our students. We invite you to visit and see why First Christian Academy is one of the premier Christian learning centers in Pasco, Northern Pinellas, and Hillsborough County. We serve students from the age of 6 weeks through eighth grade. First Christian Academy is a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International). Our Preschool is licensed through the Florida Department of Children & Families (Licensing #c06pa0222).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hudson Grades: K-12 | 182 students
9403 Scot St
Hudson, FL 34669
(727) 863-1825 8.2 K-12
- New Port Richey Grades: PK-5 | 169 students
6609 River Rd
New Port Richey, FL 34652
(727) 845-1111 2.6 PK-5
- New Port Richey Grades: PK-11 | 69 students
4416 Thys Road
New Port Richey, FL 34653
(727) 842-8919 0.4 PK-11
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?