First Christian Academy
- It is the mission of First Christian Academy to connect children and families to Christ through Christian education.
- It is our vision for your children to develop lifelong Christian character traits making them strong enough to withstand life`s challenges as they embark on their high school years.
- At First Christian Academy, we believe in providing children with the highest level of academic excellence in a loving, Christian environment.
- We teach the ABeka curriculum in grades K-2 and use a variety of other publishers for grades 3-6. Our students score in the top third of all students nationally in many areas on the Terra Nova Achievement Test.
- Our foundation is built on strong Biblical principles and all grades enjoy daily Bible lessons, weekly chapel sessions and Spiritual Emphasis Week.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniform (Elem/MS only))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||*For tuition costs please see our website.*We accept "Step Up For Students" and "McKay" scholarships.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cheer Club, Music Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- At First Christian Academy, we believe in providing children with the highest level of academic excellence in a loving, Christian environment. Most of our students score in the top third of all students nationally on the annual Terra Nova testing. All grades enjoy daily Bible lessons, weekly Chapel sessions, and a Spiritual Emphasis Week in the spring. Biblical principles are not just taught in Bible class. Biblical integration takes place in all subject areas. The development of Christian character traits and the importance of using good manners is emphasized throughout the year.FCA strives to provide a solid academic foundation for each of our students. We aim for excellence, while presenting the subject matter in a flexible and fun way that meets the needs of a diverse student body with many different learning styles. All of our classes utilize smart-boards in their instruction and lessons encourage creativity and build critical thinking skills.Dedicated staff and families care about each other and the growth and development of all of our students. We invite you to visit and see why First Christian Academy is one of the premier Christian learning centers in Pasco, Northern Pinellas, and Hillsborough County. We serve students from the age of 2 through eighth grade.First Christian Academy is a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International). Our Preschool is licensed through the Florida Department of Children & Families (Licensing #c06pa0222).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Port Richey Grades: NS-12 | 285 students
5630 Olympia St
New Port Richey, FL 34652
(727)845-0235 1.3 NS-12
- New Port Richey Grades: PK-5 | 112 students
6609 River Rd
New Port Richey, FL 34652
(727)845-1111 2.6 PK-5
- Hudson Grades: K-12 | 141 students
9403 Scot St
Hudson, FL 34669
(727)863-1825 8.2 K-12
- Tarpon Springs Grades: K-12 | 250 students
1350 East Lake Road N
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
(727)934-0909 3.5 K-12
- New Port Richey Grades: PK-8 | 65 students
4416 Thys Road
New Port Richey, FL 34653
(727)842-8919 0.4 PK-8
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.