South Texas Christian Academy
- The mission of South Texas Christian Academy (STCA) is to promote a redemptive relationship between each student and Jesus Christ and facilitate spiritual, academic, social, physical and vocational growth through the provision of an environment in which Christian nurture may take place. South Texas Christian Academy is dedicated to the fulfilment of one great purpose, " to restore in man the image of his maker, to being him back to the perfection in which he was created, to promote the develpment pf body, mind and soul, that the divine purpose of his creation might be realized" Education, p.
- 15. Adventist education places a high estimate on the infinite worth of every individual and seeks to provide a climate in which positive self-image can be developed.
- We endeavour to provide opportunities for students to secure a preparation that will enable them to live successfully and productively.
- Students are encouraged to take an active interest in making their communities better places to live, to appreciate cultural and scientific advances of the age, and to develop positive attitudes toward useful labor and humanity.
- Each student is challenged to develop a sense of mission for giving the gospel message to the world in preparation for the soon return of Jesus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Anatomy & Physiology, AP Calculus, AP English IV Lit., Calculus AB, Earth Science & Astronomy|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki Pants and School Polo/ Wednesday Formal Uniform )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / Mar. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Registration+10 tuition fees|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maria Leal|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Mine Craft Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Non-Discrimination Policy:South Texas Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generall accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in its administration or its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MissionGrades: PK-12 | 122 students
4301 N Shary Rd
Mission, TX 78573
- McallenGrades: K-12
2021 W Jackson Avenue
Mcallen, TX 78501
- WeslacoGrades: PK-12 | 175 students
1000 S Bridge Ave
Weslaco, TX 78596
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.