Southern NH Montessori Academy
- At Southern NH Montessori Academy, children learn at their own pace intellectually, each child's education is guided by individualized learning plans.
- We shepherd the character development of each child, promoting independence, self-expression, and respect for oneself, others, and the world.
- Through an integrated curriculum, concentration is given to educating the "whole child" (all facets of the child's being, including: intellectual, physical, emotional, social and creative aspects) with a strong emphasis of hands-on and experiential learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,795|
The integrated curriculum at Southern NH Montessori Academy is robust with enrichment programs:
- Creative Arts - drawing, painting, sculpting, musical instruments, singing, dance, and drama
- Elementary Latin - learning Latin as early as possible increases English vocabulary, improves understanding of English grammar, and is key to modern languages
- Spanish - learning a second language at an early age is certainly advantageous, multi-cultural appreciation is yet another benefit
- Physical and Health Education - consistant with our belief of the improtance of excercising both the mind and the body, physical and health education is part of our daily curriculum
- Technology- basic computer and keyboarding skills, researching topics, downloading digital pictures, and webcam studies
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Grades: PK-8 | 135 students
40 Main St
Salem, NH 03079
(603)893-6811 8.4 PK-8
- Methuen Grades: K-8 | 168 students
212 Lawrence St
Methuen, MA 01844
(978)686-1801 12.7 K-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.