Southern NH Montessori Academy
- At Southern NH Montessori Academy, children learn at their own pace intellectually, each child's education is guided by individualized learning plans.
- We shepherd the character development of each child, promoting independence, self-expression, and respect for oneself, others, and the world.
- Through an integrated curriculum, concentration is given to educating the "whole child" (all facets of the child's being, including: intellectual, physical, emotional, social and creative aspects) with a strong emphasis of hands-on and experiential learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,795|
The integrated curriculum at Southern NH Montessori Academy is robust with enrichment programs:
- Creative Arts - drawing, painting, sculpting, musical instruments, singing, dance, and drama
- Elementary Latin - learning Latin as early as possible increases English vocabulary, improves understanding of English grammar, and is key to modern languages
- Spanish - learning a second language at an early age is certainly advantageous, multi-cultural appreciation is yet another benefit
- Physical and Health Education - consistant with our belief of the improtance of excercising both the mind and the body, physical and health education is part of our daily curriculum
- Technology- basic computer and keyboarding skills, researching topics, downloading digital pictures, and webcam studies
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Grades: PK-8 | 135 students
40 Main St
Salem, NH 03079
(603)893-6811 8.4 PK-8
- Methuen Grades: K-8 | 168 students
212 Lawrence St
Methuen, MA 01844
(978)686-1801 12.7 K-8
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.