Tel: (919) 544-5652
Southpoint Academy prepares students to become ethical, well-rounded and self sufficient citizens by providing a world-class education in a nurturing environment that motivates students to reach high academic standards, enjoy learning, achieve success, and contribute actively to their communities.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(white, shirts, navy pants, Khaki material))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Admissions Director||Mildred Brown|
- Curriculum Overview
- Southpoint Academy offers a strong academic program providing education for the mind, body and spirit. The program is based on the Abeka curriculum. It is a challenging comprehensive program.The school also provides an after-school and academic based summer program. Through hands on learning, students tackle a challenging academic curriculum in ways that are engaging, meaningful, adaptable to a variety of learning styles, and fun. Detailed descriptions of the curriculum are available upon request.
- The Vision of Southpoint Academy is to educate and develop moral, ethical generations of young people equipping them with the character and skills to navigate successfully in life.
- We are a partnership of home and school, working together for the purpose of preparing students spiritually, academically, physically, and emotionally in order for them to successfully overcome the challenges of life.
- Our Philosophy
- Southpoint Academy shall provide each student the opportunity to study and develop his/her mind and body in a wholesome environment. It shall strive to provide the best education possible in preparation for all levels of education and to contribute to the establishment of ethical and moral values for a happy and creative life.
- Being non-discriminatory in nature, we welcome all and shall teach that all truth is of divine origin. Knowledge to choose between right and wrong shall be imparted to each child.
- Those serving the school in any capacity, whether in administration, on the faculty, on the staff, on the Board of Directors, or as a volunteer shall subscribe to the school's philosophy of providing a high quality, character based education in a nurturing environment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: K-8 | 153 students
1914 S Miami Blvd
Durham, NC 27703
(919) 598-0190 6.7 K-8
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 125 students
515 Southerland St
Durham, NC 27703
(919) 596-9331 8.5 K-12
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 90 students
3120 Fayetteville St
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 687-2763 5.1 PK-12
- Durham Grades: PK-5 | 75 students
800 Elmira Avenue
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 680-6544 5.3 PK-5
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.