- Southpoint Academy prepares students to become ethical, well-rounded and self sufficient citizens by providing a world-class education in a nurturing environment that motivates students to reach high academic standards, enjoy learning, achieve success, and contribute actively to their communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(white, shirts, navy pants, Khaki material))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Admissions Director||Mildred Brown|
- Curriculum Overview
- Southpoint Academy offers a strong academic program providing education for the mind, body and spirit. The program is based on the Abeka curriculum. It is a challenging comprehensive program.The school also provides an after-school and academic based summer program. Through hands on learning, students tackle a challenging academic curriculum in ways that are engaging, meaningful, adaptable to a variety of learning styles, and fun. Detailed descriptions of the curriculum are available upon request.
- The Vision of Southpoint Academy is to educate and develop moral, ethical generations of young people equipping them with the character and skills to navigate successfully in life.
- We are a partnership of home and school, working together for the purpose of preparing students spiritually, academically, physically, and emotionally in order for them to successfully overcome the challenges of life.
- Our Philosophy
- Southpoint Academy shall provide each student the opportunity to study and develop his/her mind and body in a wholesome environment. It shall strive to provide the best education possible in preparation for all levels of education and to contribute to the establishment of ethical and moral values for a happy and creative life.
- Being non-discriminatory in nature, we welcome all and shall teach that all truth is of divine origin. Knowledge to choose between right and wrong shall be imparted to each child.
- Those serving the school in any capacity, whether in administration, on the faculty, on the staff, on the Board of Directors, or as a volunteer shall subscribe to the school's philosophy of providing a high quality, character based education in a nurturing environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 125 students
515 Southerland St
Durham, NC 27703
(919)596-9331 8.5 K-12
- Durham Grades: K-8 | 153 students
1914 S Miami Blvd
Durham, NC 27703
(919)598-0190 6.7 K-8
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 84 students
3120 Fayetteville St
Durham, NC 27707
(919)687-2763 5.1 PK-12
- Durham Grades: NS-5 | 51 students
800 Elmira Avenue
Durham, NC 27707
(919)680-6544 5.3 NS-5
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.