St. Agnes Academy
- St. Agnes Academy is a co-educational Catholic elementary school, serving students from grades PreK-3 to 8th.
- The mission of St. Agnes Academy is to provide for our students strong Catholic values and academic excellence, while encouraging them to be lifelong learners; JOY (Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last) is our call to action.
- Established in 1973, the school has a long tradition of providing quality Catholic education to the children of our parish, and today, has a student body of approximately 500 children.
- St. Agnes offers a challenging, well-rounded core curriculum, as well as a variety of academic programs that enhance the curriculum.
- The faculty and staff at St. Agnes offer instructional approaches that foster and nurture the whole child, and help each child experience the true JOY of Christian discipleship.
- The St. Agnes technology program uses state of the art equipment which includes a one-to-one iPad program in middle school, a brand new STREAM lab, computers in each classroom, and interactive SMART boards.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Math Fun Club, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts & Crafts, Dance, Music Theater Club, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Let it be known to all who enter St. Agnes Academy that Christ is the reason for this school. With this in mind, we believe:
- St. Agnes Academy believes that each student is a unique child of God.
- St. Agnes Academy believes in guiding students' development into responsible, socially conscious, and faith-filled people by proclaiming the Gospel message of love and compassion.
- St. Agnes Academy believes that the family is a fundamental unit of society, acknowledging parents as primary educators. Clergy, teachers, and staff share the responsibility for teaching the children by example.
- St. Agnes Academy believes student learning is a priority. This is achieved by respecting different learning styles, hands on experiences, student teacher interaction, and actively involving students in the learning process.
- St. Agnes Academy believes that a healthy environment is essential to the development of a child. As Catholics we acknowledge cultural, economic, and religious diversity by promoting mutual respect.
- St. Agnes Academy believes the curriculum should be rooted in Catholic truths and values, fostering a global awareness that impels students to serve others.
- St. Agnes Academy believes that in order to have a solid educational program it is essential to have ongoing evaluation and revision of curriculum based on current research.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Key Biscayne Grades: PK-5 | 94 students
95 Harbor Dr
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
(305) 361-5080 0.1 PK-5
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?