St. Agnes Academy
- St. Agnes Academy is a co-educational Catholic elementary school, serving students from grades PreK-3 to 8th.
- The mission of St. Agnes Academy is to provide for our students strong Catholic values and academic excellence, while encouraging them to be lifelong learners; JOY (Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last) is our call to action.
- Established in 1973, the school has a long tradition of providing quality Catholic education to the children of our parish, and today, has a student body of approximately 500 children.
- St. Agnes offers a challenging, well-rounded core curriculum, as well as a variety of academic programs that enhance the curriculum.
- The faculty and staff at St. Agnes offer instructional approaches that foster and nurture the whole child, and help each child experience the true JOY of Christian discipleship.
- The St. Agnes technology program uses state of the art equipment which includes a one-to-one iPad program in middle school, a brand new STREAM lab, computers in each classroom, and interactive SMART boards.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Math Fun Club, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts & Crafts, Dance, Music Theater Club, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Let it be known to all who enter St. Agnes Academy that Christ is the reason for this school. With this in mind, we believe:
- St. Agnes Academy believes that each student is a unique child of God.
- St. Agnes Academy believes in guiding students' development into responsible, socially conscious, and faith-filled people by proclaiming the Gospel message of love and compassion.
- St. Agnes Academy believes that the family is a fundamental unit of society, acknowledging parents as primary educators. Clergy, teachers, and staff share the responsibility for teaching the children by example.
- St. Agnes Academy believes student learning is a priority. This is achieved by respecting different learning styles, hands on experiences, student teacher interaction, and actively involving students in the learning process.
- St. Agnes Academy believes that a healthy environment is essential to the development of a child. As Catholics we acknowledge cultural, economic, and religious diversity by promoting mutual respect.
- St. Agnes Academy believes the curriculum should be rooted in Catholic truths and values, fostering a global awareness that impels students to serve others.
- St. Agnes Academy believes that in order to have a solid educational program it is essential to have ongoing evaluation and revision of curriculum based on current research.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Key Biscayne Grades: PK-6 | 141 students
95 Harbor Dr
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
(305)361-5080 0.1 PK-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.