St. Angela Merici School
The curriculum, or course of studies, is specified by the New York State Department of Education, and the Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of New York.
The faculty has freedom deserved by professionals in their choices of methods of instruction, in alignment with the current and effective standards of their profession.
The school’s identity as a religious, Catholic School is unshakable and given power by daily instruction in Religious Studies, classroom prayer, and by attendance of all students at Mass, assemblies, and other forms of religious worship.
Without exception, all students and families welcome this defining aspect of the school.
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 333 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,330
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- Highlights: · Small classes for Pre-K and Kindergarten · Computer labs connected to the Internet with computers for every child · 100 years of excellence in education · Committed professionals in a safe environment · Basic and solid Christian formation in an atmosphere of discipline and respect · Honor Algebra classes for seventh and eighth grade. · Small groups enhancement learning for classes before the ITBS test. · Science Lab facility for students to work on Science projects.
Endorse St. Angela Merici School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.