St. Anthony of Padua School (Formerly known as Corpus Christi School)
5.00 (1 review)
- We are a Catholic school in the Arlington Diocese offering kindergarten through eighth grade. A Christ-centered learning environment is provided to instill the Christian story and to nourish the love of peace and justice.
- The school also cultivates intellectual growth, creative expression, and character formation. The school welcomes and provides assistance to families with children from different cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, and developmental needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Academic Level, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,125|
|Tuition Notes||This is for 1 Catholic child. For full rates with multi-child discount, visit our tuition rates page, https://stanthonyschoolva.org/wp-content/uploads/CCE-tuition-and-fees-2018-2019-NB-TD-29JUN2018.pdf|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Meredith Louison|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Algebra Club, Altar Servers, Proclaimers of the Word (Public speaking), Safety Patrols, Student Council, Tiny Chefs K-5, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Choir, Shakespeare
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Players Soccer Academy K-4
- St. Anthony of Padua School brings together many cultures, traditions, and experiences to form a vibrant and robust community where Christ truly lives. As a community, we are called to develop the whole person: spiritually, academically, emotionally, and physically. First and foremost, St. Anthony of Padua School is a faith community. Formalized religious instruction and moral values are taught and lived. Along with daily prayer and weekly liturgies, outreach projects and Mass participation contribute to the development of the individual and a member of the community.Our school takes academic preparation seriously. All students receive instruction in core subjects as well as art, music, foreign language and technology, equipping them with 21st century thinking skills. This is accomplished through a challenging curriculum, leveled instruction, and a nurturing environment that believes that every student can achieve. They matriculate to the area`s top high schools and continue to challenge themselves with many Honors and AP level courses. Through our extra-curricular program of clubs and organizations, students have the opportunity to serve the community, expand and enrich their interests, friendships, and their school experience. Students may choose from a wide array of activities: Altar Servers, Proclaimers of the Word, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Math and Science Clubs, Book Club, Chess Club, Shakespeare Club, Band, Choir, Yearbook, and CYO sports. St. Anthony School is a haven at the crossroads of Falls Church, Arlington and Alexandria. Students have plenty of room to run, play, exercise and explore with a large playing field with a playground. The community is a place where all are welcomed and where individual gifts and talents are celebrated. Come be a part of St. Anthony of Padua School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: K-8 | 187 students
4409 Sano St
Alexandria, VA 22312
(703)354-0714 2 K-8
- Alexandria Grades: PK-8 | 182 students
6408 Edsall Rd
Alexandria, VA 22312
(703)941-6977 3.8 PK-8
My son is currently in kindergarten and we couldn't be happier with the quality of the academic program. His class size is relatively small and he gets a lot of personal attention that I don't think he would be getting at our local public school. He loves the music, art, Spanish and computer classes. As a six year old I think his favorite part of the school is the large playground and the gym for PE!
- Posted by Parent - cvins
Nearby Homes for Sale
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.