St. Barbara Catholic School
St Barbara Catholic School is a Transitional Kindergarten through 8th Grade Catholic Parish School.
St. Barbara Catholic School exists to support and complement the parents in their responsibility to be the primary educators of their children.
The overall mission of St. Barbara Catholic School is to teach the Gospel, and to model Jesus Christ.
Its primary goals are to assist students to grow into the fullness of life in Jesus, to be members of the community of believers, and to teach the redeeming message of God's love.
The focus, therefore, is on the development of the whole person: physically, intellectually, morally, psychologically, socially, and spiritually.
Recognizing that a Catholic School should be available to all who desire this educational environment, the Catholic schools in the Diocese of Orange strive to accept everyone for whom an appropriate program can be designed and implemented.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 259 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,700
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 28 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Registration - $500, Service hour and fundraising requirements.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Academic Decathlon, School Newspaper, Student Choir, Student Council
- St. Barbara Catholic School Mission: St. Barbara Catholic School welcomes all students with open arms to a faith-filled, challenging academic environment. Opening the minds of students through the use of innovative methodologies, 1:1 educational technology, and curriculum aligned to national, state, and Diocesan standards, St. Barbara Catholic School encourages students to reach their fullest potential. We open the hearts of those we serve by respecting the dignity of each person, serving our community the way Christ calls us to, and by sharing our time, talents, and treasures with others.
- School-wide Learning Expectations: Within a safe
Catholic, Christian environment, St. Barbara School provides
instruction which enhances the academic, spiritual, aesthetic,
social and physical growth of our students. Therefore, our students
are capable of being:
- Individuals of faith who live the Gospel message by: Understanding and valuing basic elements of Catholicism. Growing in their relationship with Christ. Developing and growing in their prayer life. Working to achieve social justice. Reflecting God's infinite love in relationships with others. Contributing time, talent, and treasure to the Church community
- Life-long learners with a solid foundation of knowledge who can: Demonstrate competency in the basic skills. Think critically and solve problems. Develop study skills rooted in self-discipline and motivation. Utilize technology to facilitate learning. Appreciate creativity and the fine arts.
- Confident, effective communicators who: Read with discernment and understanding. Compute with accuracy Write with clarity. Think independently. Speak effectively.
- Responsible citizens of the local and world communities who: Acknowledge that they can make a difference. Support and participate in local and national affairs. Develop understanding, compassion, and respect for all people Recognize dangers and opportunities in the modern world. Recognize and appreciate the struggles and sacrifices parents make Fulfill family responsibilities. Develop self-confidence and leadership qualities.
- Respectful, health-conscious individuals who: Value themselves, others, and all of God's creation. Understand the importance of making healthy choices. Have the knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of physical activities.
Endorse St. Barbara Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.