St. Barbara Catholic School
- St Barbara Catholic School is a Transitional Kindergarten through 8th Grade Catholic Parish School.
- St. Barbara Catholic School exists to support and complement the parents in their responsibility to be the primary educators of their children.
- The overall mission of St. Barbara Catholic School is to teach the Gospel, and to model Jesus Christ.
- Its primary goals are to assist students to grow into the fullness of life in Jesus, to be members of the community of believers, and to teach the redeeming message of God's love.
- The focus, therefore, is on the development of the whole person: physically, intellectually, morally, psychologically, socially, and spiritually.
- Recognizing that a Catholic School should be available to all who desire this educational environment, the Catholic schools in the Diocese of Orange strive to accept everyone for whom an appropriate program can be designed and implemented.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,700|
|Tuition Notes||Registration - $500, Service hour and fundraising requirements.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, School Newspaper, Student Choir, Student Council|
- St. Barbara Catholic School Mission: St. Barbara Catholic School welcomes all students with open arms to a faith-filled, challenging academic environment. Opening the minds of students through the use of innovative methodologies, 1:1 educational technology, and curriculum aligned to national, state, and Diocesan standards, St. Barbara Catholic School encourages students to reach their fullest potential. We open the hearts of those we serve by respecting the dignity of each person, serving our community the way Christ calls us to, and by sharing our time, talents, and treasures with others.
- School-wide Learning Expectations: Within a safe
Catholic, Christian environment, St. Barbara School provides
instruction which enhances the academic, spiritual, aesthetic,
social and physical growth of our students. Therefore, our students
are capable of being:
- Individuals of faith who live the Gospel message by: Understanding and valuing basic elements of Catholicism. Growing in their relationship with Christ. Developing and growing in their prayer life. Working to achieve social justice. Reflecting God's infinite love in relationships with others. Contributing time, talent, and treasure to the Church community
- Life-long learners with a solid foundation of knowledge who can: Demonstrate competency in the basic skills. Think critically and solve problems. Develop study skills rooted in self-discipline and motivation. Utilize technology to facilitate learning. Appreciate creativity and the fine arts.
- Confident, effective communicators who: Read with discernment and understanding. Compute with accuracy Write with clarity. Think independently. Speak effectively.
- Responsible citizens of the local and world communities who: Acknowledge that they can make a difference. Support and participate in local and national affairs. Develop understanding, compassion, and respect for all people Recognize dangers and opportunities in the modern world. Recognize and appreciate the struggles and sacrifices parents make Fulfill family responsibilities. Develop self-confidence and leadership qualities.
- Respectful, health-conscious individuals who: Value themselves, others, and all of God's creation. Understand the importance of making healthy choices. Have the knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of physical activities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Ana Grades: K-8 | 186 students
2204 W Mcfadden Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92704
(714)545-8185 2.3 K-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.