St Brendan Catholic School
- St. Brendan School opened its doors for the first time on September 7, 1965.
- Principal Sister Mary Paula and her staff of eight lay teachers and four sisters of the order of St. Joseph, welcomed 502 students in grades one through six.
- Grade seven was added the following year. 1967 saw the addition of the eighth grade with a total enrollment of 693 students being taught by 16 full-time teachers.
- 1967 also saw the beginning of the Parish School of Religion (PSR), then known as CCD. The Holy Family Program, which exists to assist young parishioners in the preparation for the sacrament of the Eucharist, began in 1969.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Olmsted Grades: 3-12
23420 Lorain Rd # 206
North Olmsted, OH 44070
(440)552-6952 0.5 3-12
- Cleveland Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
4401 W 215th Street
Cleveland, OH 44126
(440)331-6553 1.5 PK-8
- Cleveland Grades: PK-K | 122 students
21000 Brookpark Rd
Cleveland, OH 44135
(216)433-5264 1.6 PK-K
- Westlake Grades: PK-8 | 500 students
2300 Clague Rd
Westlake, OH 44145
(440)734-7717 1.9 PK-8
- Westlake Grades: PK-12 | 255 students
23096 Center Ridge Rd
Westlake, OH 44145
(440)331-1300 2 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.