St. Cecilia Cathedral School
St. Cecilia Cathedral School Photo #7 - We love being part of the St. Cecilia Cathedral School Family!
- Welcome to St. Cecilia Cathedral Grade School, theU.S.Departmentof Education award-winning elementary school of theSt.CeciliaCathedral parish in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Founded in 1907, St. CeciliaSchool educates childreninPreKindergarten through 8th grade.
- St.Cecilia is committed to fostering a dynamiclearningenvironmentthat proclaims and models Christian faith,worship, andprayer andservice.
- In 2007, St. Cecilia was one of only two schools inNebraskatoreceive a "Blue Ribbon" award for academic excellencefrom theU.S.Department of Education.
- St. Cecilia's academicstrength is built on strongparentinvolvement and a dedicatedfaculty that averages 22 yearsofexperience.
- Our goal is to workwith parents to provide their childrenaneducation of the highestquality and to build a strongfoundationfor success in high schooland beyond.
- The mission of St. Cecilia Cathedral Catholic School istoteachand live the Catholic faith within a caring,nurturing,family-likecommunity, teach reverence for life andrespect forall, foster eachstudent's academic potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniforms from Alamar Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,700|
|Tuition Notes||$2700 - For full participating parishioners of St. Cecilia Parish $3650- non-parishioners.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$660|
|Admissions Director||Julia Pick, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||academic competitions, After School Spanish, Archdiocesan Childen's Choir, speech|
Club or Organization:
Boy Scouts, chess club, Coding Club, environment / recycling club, Girl Scouts, math club, robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Grades 5 - 8 boys and girls basketball, Grades 5 - 8 boys and girls track, Grades 6 - 8 boys football, PreK - 8 soccer
St. Cecilia Cathedral School Fact Sheet
- Founded 109 years ago and based on the Dominicantraditionoffaith, morals, and discipline
- Weekly all-school Mass and daily religion classwithweeklyclassroom visits from the parish priests
- Emphasis at all grade levels on Service Learningprojectshelpingothers High academic standards and expectationslead todocumentedsuccess in high school and beyond
- Designated a U.S. Dept. of Education No Child LeftBehindBlueRibbon School in 2007
- 1 of only 4 metro Catholic elementary schools accredited byNCA/AdvancED Accreditation
- Before and After School Extended Care
- "Special" Classes include Music, PhysicalEducation,Computers,Library, and Art
- Honored with the Creative Ticket Award from the NEArtsCounciland the Kennedy Center
- Modern library, computer lab, science lab, andanelectronickeyboard lab
- Sycamore Education online grading and communication system
- Updated technology including interactivewhiteboards,dataprojectors, document cameras, mobile laptop,Chromebook, andiPadcarts
- Active Home & School Association andActivitiesBoosterClub
- Extra-curricular Activities: Robotics, Chess, MathClub,Rootsand Shoots Club, Technology Club, AfterSchoolSpanishAcademiccompetition groups (Book Bowl, Bible Bowl,NationalHistory Day,Math)Band, Camerata Strings Ensemble,ArchdiocesanChildren`sChoir, Operetta, SongfestSports: soccer,volleyball,basketball,baseball, football, trackBoy and GirlScouts
- On campus Child Care for 6 weeks old to 5 years old
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
(402)558-3800 0.2 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
400 N Happy Hollow Blvd
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)556-3772 1.5 NS-12
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 875 students
14330 Eagle Run Dr
Omaha, NE 68164
(402)492-2111 8.8 PK-8
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 385 students
831 S 88th St
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)391-0977 4.2 PK-8
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 567 students
15555 W Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68154
(402)333-5153 9.7 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.