St Margaret Mary School
- St. Margaret Mary School provides a Catholic atmosphere, children who are spiritually, emotionally, intellectually and socially developed to their fullest potential.
- Through strong values-based programs and curriculum, we will encourage each individual to become, in a spirit of love and service, personally responsible to God, self, family and community.
- The goal of St. Margaret Mary School is to provide opportunities for each student to discover and share his/her own unique gifts as a child of God and to promote acceptance and understanding of those who are different from oneself, in a spirit of respect for the God-given dignity of every human life.
- The purpose of the athletic program at St. Margaret Mary Parish is to supplement the spiritual and academic curriculum for all members of the parish.
- The SMM athletic program enhances the physical development of the child, promotes a sense of parish spirit, pride and unity.
- The program is the most extensive and well-balanced parish program in the city for both boys and girls.
- A variety of sports are offered and participation is encouraged.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||513 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
400 N Happy Hollow Blvd
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)556-3772 0.5 NS-12
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 385 students
831 S 88th St
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)391-0977 2.4 PK-8
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
(402)558-3800 2.1 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: K-8 | 70 students
4040 N 108th Street
Omaha, NE 68164
(402)493-2550 4.6 K-8
- Omaha Grades: NS | 129 students
1110 N 66th Street
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)390-0556 0.8 NS
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.