St Christophers Montessori
- St. Christopher's by-the-Sea Montessori School was established in 1968 with the opening of its preschool program.
- Today, St. Christopher's offers a small and nurturing educational environment within the diverse and international community of Key Biscayne.
- St. Christopher's continually seeks to incorporate other extracurricular opportunities for all students.
- We at St. Christopher's feel blessed to have been entrusted with the education of generations of young Key Biscayners.
- St. Christopher's by-the-Sea Montessori School is committed to providing quality Montessori education in a Christian setting.
- Within this prepared environment we encourage children to discover and learn at their own pace, in order to realize their highest potential.
- Through work and example, children come to understand responsibility, respect, integrity and high moral standards.
- St. Christopher's by-the-Sea Montessori School prepares the whole person for the challenges of tomorrow.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.