St Francis Of Assisi Catholic School
5.00 (6 reviews)
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic School Photo #2 - Above all, it''''''''s our mission to bring Christ`s love to every student and to teach them to love the same way.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic School Photo #3 - We are a fully accredited academic institution offering your child a curriculum at the forefront of innovation.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic School Photo #4 - Students regularly participate in liturgical celebrations and help build their faith community; develop a prayer life and strengthen their relationship with Christ; live the teachings of our Catholic faith in words and actions; and recognize and use God`s gifts in service to others.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic School Photo #5 - Setting St. Francis School apart is a faculty and staff committed to rigorous and advanced educational approach with an immersive Catholic community experience. Creativity, innovation, critical thinking and nurturing life skills are paramount in our curriculum as we offer weekly classed in math, STEM, Spanish, language arts, writing workshop, music and art.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic School Photo #6 - St. Francis School offers a robust after-school sports program for students in grades 5-8 in which we compete against other North County San Diego parochial schools in the Diocese.
St Francis Of Assisi Catholic School Photo #7 - Each of the classes focus on the age-appropriate developmental needs of the children in our care. That focus helps us create a stimulating program that provides hands-on learning centers, individualized attention and encourage each child`s individual growth.
- With Jesus Christ as our model, through a dedicated partnership of parents, educators, and parish, St. Francis of Assisi School guides our students in spiritual growth and personal academic success.
- We answer God`s call to serve Him by serving others.
- We believe - In an education rooted in the Catholic faith; - That a solid foundation begins with an early-childhood education; - Faith and stewardship, scholastic achievement, and life skills are the foundations of a well-rounded education; - In providing a nurturing environment for development of the whole childIn the primacy of parents as educators; - That teachers are the facilitators for learning; - All students can achieve personal and academic growthIn inclusive practices and celebrating cultural diversity; - In establishing a lifelong commitment to learningIn the Christian ideals of peace, justice, equality, and respect for all life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language based or mild to moderate Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts for multiple children families.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Martinez|
|Admissions Associate||Jenny Ramos|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors for Christ, Homework Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At St. Francis School, we strive to develop the whole child: academically, socially, spiritually, emotionally and physically. Our approach offers academic excellence infused with Catholic values, all in accordance with the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Faith. Families attending SFS come from all over North County San Diego, including Temecula, and even Murrieta, but also as far as away as San Diego. Our families share common values and ideologies, thus resulting in a strong community that binds us together. Students not only participate in a college preparatory academic education, but also have the opportunity to engage in various clubs, service opportunities and athletic programs. Clergy, community leaders, parents, grandparents, benefactors, lay leaders, and so many more work tirelessly to make SFS an extraordinary learning institution with high-level academics, exceptional reading and writing programs, a state of the art science facility, a robust physical education program, myriad offerings of extracurricular activities, and a strong faith-based curriculum.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oceanside Grades: PK-8 | 132 students
4000 Mystra Way
Oceanside, CA 92056
(760)630-0712 2.4 PK-8
We love St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School. Our children started there when they were two and three years old, and we were in need of reasonably priced daycare. The school is conveniently located for us, and we liked the idea of them attending Catholic school. We thought we'd see how it went before deciding about elementary school. Well, when the time came to make a decision about Kindergarten, we really did not even contemplate moving them away from the school we had all come to love. Now, they are in 4th and 5th grades, and we still have never considered pulling them out of SFS. We love the small community, excellent and caring teachers, amazing principal, and family-value centered environment. My entire education from Kinder through Grad school was completed in small Catholic schools, and I very much appreciate my parents for that gift; I am very glad that I am doing the same for my children. Our kids have now been thriving academically, spiritually, and socially at St. Francis of Assisi for most of their lives, and we are grateful.
- Posted by Parent - Ann Z.
As a family new to the area in 2006, St. Francis School became our home away from home. My two children have thrived at St. Francis - my daughter for 11 years, and my son for 7 years - and I couldn't be happier with the academic structure, the attention and encouragement the teachers and administrators give my kids, and the strong sense of community that this school offers. My daughter has served on student council, participated in various stewardship opportunities and she was part of the championship volleyball team. I'm grateful for the well-rounded education and experience my kids get at St. Francis School!
- Posted by Parent - Kenmann
My two sons were failing in the public school system. I had to pull them out mid-year and put them back a grade. Both boys have done a 180 at St. Francis. They are flourishing. They can't wait to go to school. My older one now has his sights set on private high schools as well. St. Francis completely changed the course of their lives. I am forever grateful. The staff is amazing, they pay such close attention to the kids they can tell you what you packed them for lunch and if they ate it all. The after school activities and sports are super, the fundraisers are such a blast!! I love this school, I love everything about it.
- Posted by Parent - Jen
Our daughters are in 5th & 7th grade and have been attending St. Francis since Kindergarten. They have received an EXCELLENT education at St. Francis. The teachers are wonderful and the Learning Resource teacher has been a wonderful addition to the school to get the most out of their education for every type of learner. The families are an added bonus to this incredible school. The parents are vested in their child's education and take pleasure in helping to support the school.
- Posted by Parent - Janie
Both our daughter and son have thrived academically and socially at St. Francis during our five years at the school. We appreciate the administration's attention to academic best practices and the faculty's enthusiasm for helping our kids learn and grow. The community of parents is also pretty fantastic, and we''ve found much support and friendship in the St. Francis community.
- Posted by Parent - smper
The school has a nurturing and loving environment that has encouraged my kids to advance academically and grow in character year after year. I appreciate the open communication between the principle, teachers and parents. My kids have also been able to participate in some of the after school programs including: archery, art, tennis and little STEM (science, technology and math). St. Francis School has a family atmosphere for the kids as well as the parents. Our family has been at this school for 7 years and we love it!
- Posted by Parent - m_hub
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.