St. George's Independent School
- St. George's Independent School, a coeducational school with campuses in Memphis, Germantown, and Collierville, Tennessee.
- We hope that browsing our site will give you a glimpse of what makes a St. George's education truly unique.
- Founded in 1959 by parishioners of St. George's Episcopal Church, we began as a small, coeducational, independent day school.
- In the mid-1990's we embarked on a capital campaign to open two new, separately incorporated schools a new middle/upper school in Collierville and a second elementary school in Memphis.
- Today all three campuses share the same mission of being schools of excellence that prepare students for a life of learning and meaningful contribution through dedication to high academic achievement and the development of moral character reinforced by Judeo-Christian values.
- Our philosophy is student-centered. Rigorous academics are balanced by the recognition that students may excel and learn in many areas, whether in the classroom, on the athletic field, in the art studio, or on the stage.
- "Balance" is a word used frequently at St. George's because it recalls for us the need to nurture students' bodies and souls, as well as their minds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||403 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,980|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K starts at 12,615|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GermantownGrades: PK-5 | 204 students
1920 Forest Hill Irene
Germantown, TN 38139
- CordovaGrades: K-5 | 127 students
8200 Macon Rd
Cordova, TN 38018
- MemphisGrades: PK-12 | 293 students
2500 Ridgeway Road
Memphis, TN 38119
- GermantownGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
Germantown, TN 38138
- MemphisGrades: PK-12 | 322 students
2550 Ridgeway Rd
Memphis, TN 38119
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.