St Gregory School
- In the spirit of Jesus, St. Gregory School encourages the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, physical and moral development of each student.
- We are committed to teaching and living Gospel values within our Christian community and the world around us.
- We stress Christian values as a way of life. Our goal is to provide students with opportunities to develop self-confidence, academic skills and the religious commitment necessary for making a meaningful contribution in our global community.
- This encompasses the appreciation of all forms of diversity and mutual respect of others is the richness between us.
- We are committed to the growth of the whole child.
- We challenge the spiritual, intellectual, social, physical and moral growth of our students.
- We offer a comprehensive, integrated curriculum in accordance with Archdiocesan guidelines.
- Cognizant of the need for student accountability, personal responsibility and integrity, teachers offer positive learning experiences that encourage each child to succeed.
- We believe that every student is unique and deserves to approach life with a sense of self-worth by being aware of his/her own gifts and special talents.
- We recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Their partnership with the school and parish is vital to the development of each child.
- It is within this affiliation that we implement the core of our philosophy; we believe that the spirit of Jesus is alive among us and bonds us together as a Christian community.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Mateo Grades: K-8
1515 Dolan Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650)342-6567 2.4 K-8
- Belmont Grades: NS-8 | 211 students
1000 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)593-4265 2.1 NS-8
- Belmont Grades: NS-8 | 196 students
1200 Notre Dame Ave
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)591-2209 2 NS-8
- Burlingame Grades: K-8 | 362 students
1300 Bayswater Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)344-7176 3.1 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.