Notre Dame Elementary School
Notre Dame Elementary School, an independent Catholic School, with the support of the parent community, is committed to developing and educating our students in the tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
We embrace the teaching of our foundress, St. Julie Billiart, and her philosophy of, "Teach the children what they need to know for life." Notre Dame Elementary School is a diverse, caring, and compassionate community dedicated to service.
We strive to provide a quality education through Gospel values rooted in Catholic tradition, along with mastering skills needed to succeed as life-long learners.
At Notre Dame Elementary School, we provide an environment that fosters the opportunity for our students to discover a love of learning, embrace their spiritual life, and form a dedication to community service.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 196 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 14
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
List of Courses Offered
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Check website for more information.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Advanced Writers' Program, After School Mandarin Chinese, After School Spanish, Chess Club, Flute Lessons, Writers' Club
- Academic Program of Study
- The Notre Dame Elementary academic program is organized in two different divisions: the Lower School (grades K 5) and the Upper School (grades 6 8). Our overall academic philosophy is grounded in the Hallmarks of a Notre Dame Learning Community, which provide us with a purpose, a framework and an ultimate goal for educating our students. The curriculum program in each school is specifically designed and tailored to meet the developmental appropriateness of each group. The faculty members in each school have collaboratively designed, planned and written curriculum to ensure a continuous and effective program for students across grade levels.
- Notre Dame Elementary School is committed to providing a strong academic foundation for its students by using a comprehensive approach to educate the whole child. The components of the core curriculum (language arts, math, science, social studies and religion) overlap and align across grade level. This provides students with the fundamental content and skills necessary to be successful in a consistent learning environment. While the San Francisco Archdiocesan and California State Standards guide the content of our program, teachers implement the curriculum using a variety of methods and strategies. Teachers use their specific strengths and backgrounds to deliver instruction to meet the individual needs of students. The daily lessons and activities are designed and articulated by teachers to allow for a differentiated learning process that respects the needs of each student. Therefore, students are engaged in an active learning process where they are encouraged to discover and explore the curriculum. A well-defined and articulated curriculum program outlines an overview of the specific learning content and skills across grade levels. The objectives presented for each subject are addressed and practiced throughout the entire year. Students` progress is regularly assessed through both formal and informal evaluation opportunities. Students should meet or exceed these objectives by the end of their current school year.
Endorse Notre Dame Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.