Notre Dame Elementary School
- Notre Dame Elementary School, an independent Catholic School, with the support of the parent community, is committed to developing and educating our students in the tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
- We embrace the teaching of our foundress, St. Julie Billiart, and her philosophy of, "Teach the children what they need to know for life." Notre Dame Elementary School is a diverse, caring, and compassionate community dedicated to service.
- We strive to provide a quality education through Gospel values rooted in Catholic tradition, along with mastering skills needed to succeed as life-long learners.
- At Notre Dame Elementary School, we provide an environment that fosters the opportunity for our students to discover a love of learning, embrace their spiritual life, and form a dedication to community service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 14|
|Tuition Notes||Check website for more information.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Writers' Program, After School Mandarin Chinese, After School Spanish, Chess Club, Flute Lessons, Writers' Club|
- Academic Program of Study
- The Notre Dame Elementary academic program is organized in two different divisions: the Lower School (grades K 5) and the Upper School (grades 6 8). Our overall academic philosophy is grounded in the Hallmarks of a Notre Dame Learning Community, which provide us with a purpose, a framework and an ultimate goal for educating our students. The curriculum program in each school is specifically designed and tailored to meet the developmental appropriateness of each group. The faculty members in each school have collaboratively designed, planned and written curriculum to ensure a continuous and effective program for students across grade levels.
- Notre Dame Elementary School is committed to providing a strong academic foundation for its students by using a comprehensive approach to educate the whole child. The components of the core curriculum (language arts, math, science, social studies and religion) overlap and align across grade level. This provides students with the fundamental content and skills necessary to be successful in a consistent learning environment. While the San Francisco Archdiocesan and California State Standards guide the content of our program, teachers implement the curriculum using a variety of methods and strategies. Teachers use their specific strengths and backgrounds to deliver instruction to meet the individual needs of students. The daily lessons and activities are designed and articulated by teachers to allow for a differentiated learning process that respects the needs of each student. Therefore, students are engaged in an active learning process where they are encouraged to discover and explore the curriculum. A well-defined and articulated curriculum program outlines an overview of the specific learning content and skills across grade levels. The objectives presented for each subject are addressed and practiced throughout the entire year. Students` progress is regularly assessed through both formal and informal evaluation opportunities. Students should meet or exceed these objectives by the end of their current school year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belmont Grades: NS-8 | 211 students
1000 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)593-4265 0.4 NS-8
- San Mateo Grades: K-8
1515 Dolan Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650)342-6567 4.2 K-8
- Atherton Grades: NS-12
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)322-1866 6.9 NS-12
- Burlingame Grades: K-8 | 315 students
1328 Cabrillo Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)343-9200 6.5 K-8
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.