Charles Armstrong School
- Charles Armstrong School is the San Francisco Bay Area's independent elementary and middle school for students with language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia.
- Since 1968, Armstrong has helped thousands of students discover that learning can be a rewarding experience by helping them gain the reading, writing, speaking and/or math skills that eluded them in traditional schools.
- We place major emphasis on helping students discover and develop their strengths.
- Charles Armstrong School offers a low student-to-teacher ratio; a warm, supportive environment; and proven teaching techniques capable of producing dramatic results.
- The school offers a complete range of academic classes plus art and photography, drama, and physical education. Extracurricular activities are offered as well.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language based learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,890|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer School is only for Grades 2-8. This Cost does not include Summer Camp.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$43,239|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 2-4 Tuition is 43,239 and for Grades 5-8 Tuition is 43,769|
|Admissions Director||Charlene Mercadante|
|Admissions Associate||Charles Mercadante|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Our 360 Approach means that we look at every aspect of a child`s development and provide the tools and skills your child needs to not only be a successful learner, but also a successful person. Academic achievement is entwined with many other aspects of development. Cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth all play a role in a child`s success. Our 360 Approach ensures that we attend to your child`s areas of growth and that we identify and foster areas` of strength. We teach resiliency and encourage children to explore their passions along with the basic building blocks of education.
- Profile last updated: 6/11/2018
Profile last updated: