St. Irenaeus Parish School
Tel: (714) 827-4500
St. Irenaeus Parish School Photo #2 - St. Irenaeus Parish School opened in 1963. The school offers Transitional Kindergarten through Eighth grade. St. Irenaeus is a diverse Catholic faith community, with a mission to provide a Christ-centered foundation that helps students develop to their full potential spiritually and academically. The school also offers Spanish, fine arts, physical education, and after school sports.
St. Irenaeus Parish School Photo #4 - In grades 5-8, students are issued Chromebooks to do their work. The Chromebooks can be taken back and forth from home and school.
St. Irenaeus Parish School Photo #5 - St. Irenaeus has a Buddy Program where younger children are partnered with an older student. Throughout the year, buddies get together to work on projects, play, and in Kindergarten they attend mass together. Our 6th graders have Kindergarten buddies, 8th grade has 1st grade buddies, and 7th grade has 2nd buddies.
- St. Irenaeus Parish School is a diverse Catholic faith community.
- Our mission is to provide a Christ-centered foundation that helps our students develop to their full potential spiritually and academically.
- We challenge our students to excel today as students and tomorrow as leaders in their communities.
- For each of our students in Transitional Kindergarten through Eighth grade, we strive to: *Provide a quality academic education.
- *Model and instill commitment to Catholic values. *Partner with our parents and the larger Parish in fostering on-going faith-formation and Christian service for our students and their families.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,150|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on parishioner status and number of children in the family. Tuition is adjusted yearly.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Lily LoBasso|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Sambrano|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our school opened its doors for the first time in September of 1963. From that time our mission has been to provide our students with the best Catholic education possible. Our commitment to providing our students with a challenging academic program continues. Our students' academic preparation and achievements are reflected in their honors, awards, and successes in their high school and college years, and in their careers. We offer a variety of extra-curricular activities and programs including fine arts, Honors Math, Accelerated Reading and Math, PE, and Extended Day Care.
Profile last updated:
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?