5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (714) 846-2472
- Saint Bonaventure School operates as a service to the parishioners of Saint Bonaventure Parish.
- St Bonaventure School provide a Christ-centered, academically excellent, and safe school environment in which all children can achieve their maximum God-given potential.
- We hold that our religious identity is the heart of our school.
- Staff, students and parents strive to model a strong and challenging faith.
- We seek an enduring faith community based on Jesus command to love one another.
- Saint Bonaventure School is a lived experience of Church beliefs, traditions, and sacramental life, bringing the students to Christ.
- We commit ourselves to a challenging curriculum that integrates the subjects of religion, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, the arts, technology and health/physical education with themes rooted in Gospel values and Catholic tradition.
- We foster a supportive and challenging climate that affirms the dignity of all persons within the school community.
- An essential dimension of our school philosophy is a focus on the needs of the whole person.
- Recognizing that today's students are tomorrow's leaders, Saint Bonaventure School balances high expectations with respect for individual differences.
- Students are encouraged to manage their lives effectively, assume responsibility for their actions or failure to act and internalize positive healthy attitudes of personal value and self-worth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||627 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Beach Grades: K-8 | 555 students
9700 Levee Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
(714) 378-9932 5.7 K-8
- Cypress Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
9201 Grindlay Street
Cypress, CA 90630
(714) 827-4500 7.2 PK-8
My son, who graduated from Saint Bonaventure School ("SBS") in June, was at SBS from kindergarten through 8th grade. No regrets; in fact, I have nothing but praise for the school. As you would expect from a Catholic school, he received an excellent, faith-based education that no doubt in my mind prepared him well for the rigors of high school and the challenges that come with the teenage years. He is attending Servite High School, which has a demanding curriculum, and he is thriving. The discipline instilled in him at SBS is serving him well in high school. Besides the academics, SBS provides a great platform for children to grow in an environment that is friendly, safe and supportive. He developed many strong friendships with his classmates at SBS, many of which I believe will endure. The kids there were great kids; I never once felt any hesitation in allowing him to visit and hangout with any of his classmates They were certainly positive influences. The SBS community of teachers, staff, parents and students was truly something special to be part of; in many ways; it felt like being part of an extended family. The members of this community are always there when you need them. I would encourage any parent thinking of sending their child to SBS to send them.
- Posted by Parent - Steven Harmon
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.