St. James Academy
- Our academy was started to give people who had not finished high school a second chance.
- The School's program is set up for the students to be able to take their assignments home and work on them at their own pace, with help from the instructors just a phone call away.
- Tutoring sessions for students are also available for those with special needs. We try to offer all the amenities of a regular high school to our students; a Graduation service is in May of every year, class rings are available, and graduation pictures can be taken at any time. Many of our students go on to college and recieve advanced degrees.
- Here's hoping to see you in the near future at St. James, where "It's Never 2 Late.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||800 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$150|
|Tuition Notes||160 for students doing program through the mail.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melinda Young|
- Our academy was started to give people who had not finished high school a second chance. Each student sets his or her own pace to finish their assignments; with help from the instructors just a phone call away. Tutoring sessions for students are also available for those with special needs. To graduate, four folders must be completed, the cost is $150.00. There are no refunds on packets. For out-of-area students the cost is $160.00, which includes a ten dollar fee ($10) for shipping and handling. If the program is going to be completed through the mail please include the following items: Full name, address, phone number, social security number, and date of birth. We try to offer all the amenities of a regular high school to our students; a Graduation service is in May of every year, class rings are available, and graduation pictures can be taken at any time. Our only requirement is that all students must be over the age of 17. If the student is a minor please include the previous school's withdrawal papers and a note of parental consent. Many of our students go on to college and recieve advanced degrees. Here's hoping to see you in the near future at St. James, where "It's Never 2 Late."
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to St. James Academy is Bethany School (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Pierce Grades: NS-12 | 34 students
3015 Oleander Blvd
Fort Pierce, FL 34982
(772)467-1016 0.8 NS-12
- Fort Pierce Grades: NS | 17 students
3212 Oleander Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34982
(772)466-7339 1.1 NS
- Fort Pierce Grades: PK-8 | 529 students
401 S 33rd Street
Fort Pierce, FL 34947
(772)461-2232 1.9 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.