St. James Academy
Our academy was started to give people who had not finished high school a second chance.
The School's program is set up for the students to be able to take their assignments home and work on them at their own pace, with help from the instructors just a phone call away.
Tutoring sessions for students are also available for those with special needs. We try to offer all the amenities of a regular high school to our students; a Graduation service is in May of every year, class rings are available, and graduation pictures can be taken at any time. Many of our students go on to college and recieve advanced degrees.
Here's hoping to see you in the near future at St. James, where "It's Never 2 Late.".
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 800 students
- Yearly Tuition: $150
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. James Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 46%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
160 for students doing program through the mail.
National avg.: 85%
- Our academy was started to give people who had not finished high school a second chance. Each student sets his or her own pace to finish their assignments; with help from the instructors just a phone call away. Tutoring sessions for students are also available for those with special needs. To graduate, four folders must be completed, the cost is $150.00. There are no refunds on packets. For out-of-area students the cost is $160.00, which includes a ten dollar fee ($10) for shipping and handling. If the program is going to be completed through the mail please include the following items: Full name, address, phone number, social security number, and date of birth. We try to offer all the amenities of a regular high school to our students; a Graduation service is in May of every year, class rings are available, and graduation pictures can be taken at any time. Our only requirement is that all students must be over the age of 17. If the student is a minor please include the previous school's withdrawal papers and a note of parental consent. Many of our students go on to college and recieve advanced degrees. Here's hoping to see you in the near future at St. James, where "It's Never 2 Late."
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. James Academy cost?
St. James Academy's tuition is approximately $150 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of St. James Academy?
The acceptance rate of St. James Academy is 98%, which is higher than the national average of 86%.
What is St. James Academy's ranking?
St. James Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for St. James Academy?
The application deadline for St. James Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. James Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.