The Pine School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (772) 675-7005
The Pine School Photo #2 - The Pine School the Treasure Coast's premier independent Kindergarten-Grade 12 college-prep day school.
The Pine School Photo #3 - The Pine School's relationship-based education offers challenging academics in a small-by-design environment.
The Pine School Photo #4 - Artistic Expression - in all its shapes and forms - has a front-row presence at The Pine School.We believe that natural creativity is innate and we strive to develop it in every one of our students. We encourage creativity and offer our students a range of opportunities to contribute to our School and community through their artistic expressions.
The Pine School Photo #5 - Competitive athletics and strong sportsmanship are key elements of The Pine School's approach. We honor the dedication and long hours our student-athletes put into the pursuit of reaching their full potential - sometimes in multiple sports. Their commitment is infectious and we are proud to house an athletic program that holds these values in such high regard.
The Pine School Photo #6 - The Pine School's faculty are as passionate as they are experienced. Over half of the School's faculty have participated in Project Zero at the Harvard School of Education and all are experts in encouraging creative problem solving and cooperative development.
The Pine School Photo #7 - The Pine School’s InvenTeam was the only group from any school in FL to receive a prestigious MIT-Lemelson Foundation grant. The group developed an Indian River Lagoon water-monitoring system and were invited to share their findings at the 2017 EurekaFest in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- At The Pine School, students from Kindergarten through Upper School have an opportunity to fulfill their potential within a safe and supportive academic environment.
- Since its inception in 1969, The Pine School has stood for academic rigor, strong moral character, and a commitment to excellence.
- These hallmarks of the school are apparent on our campus, in our classrooms, on the athletic field, in the performing arts, and in the co-curricular activities of our students.
- As an independent school, The Pine School builds its program around its commitment to each individual student.
- The latest research into educational growth and development is incorporated into the curriculum, designed to address the needs of students in the 21st century.
- Arts and athletics are integrated into the program of every student.
- Multiculturalism, opportunities to explore the world outside the classroom, and interaction with the best thinkers and artistic performers are part of the academic life of our students.
- Service learning and co-curricular activities contribute to the overall vitality of the school, long after classes have ended each day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Economics, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, Government, Human Geography, Mandarin Chinese, Physics, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Shirt and Khakis)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition level varies based on grade level and financial aid offered|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Lettengarver|
|Admissions Associate||Carol Dee Ankrom|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Concert Band, Dance Program, Environmental Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, Interact (Rotary) Club, Invention Dimension Challenge Club, Jazz Ensemble, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Red Cross Club, Student Government, Surf Club, Theater Program|
Arts and Music Programs:
Steel Pan Ensemble
- At The Pine School, students from Kindergarten through Upper School have an opportunity to fulfill their potential within a safe and supportive academic environment. Since its inception in 1969, The Pine School has stood for academic rigor, strong moral character, and a commitment to excellence. These hallmarks of the school are apparent on our campuses, in our classrooms, on the athletic field, in the performing arts, and in the co-curricular activities of our students. As an independent school, The Pine School builds its program around its commitment to each individual student. The latest research into educational growth and development is incorporated into the curriculum, designed to address the needs of students in the 21st century. Arts and athletics are integrated into the program of every student. Multiculturalism, opportunities to explore the world outside the classroom, and interaction with the best thinkers and artistic performers are part of the academic life of our students. Service learning and co-curricular activities contribute to the overall vitality of the school, long after classes have ended each day. The school is located just north of the Palm Beach County line in Hobe Sound, Florida on a scenic 142 acres and serves students kindergarten through grade 12.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The Pine School is a great place for students to learn, grow, and succeed! The closeness of the community, support of the staff, and involvement of the students fosters many levels of relationships and creates an environment that cares about educating the entire student. Students not only receive a well-rounded curriculum saturated with academics, athletics, and the arts, but also are able to partake in many traditions that make The Pine School unique to any other institution in the area. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Teacher - TPS Teacher
I am writing as an employee of The Pine School for 15 years and also as a Host "Mom" to two wonderful Chinese International Students. They lived with me for two years and we both gained an awesome experience out of their stay. Needless to say, after graduation, we are still connected! The Pine School offers the students such a strong academic challenge. Our teachers are dedicated to all areas. They encourage them in scholastics, sports, music, and all the fun activities at The Pine School. We are so blessed to part of such a family!
- Posted by Administrator - Carmel Dobes
My daughter has had an amazing experience at The Pine School. The faculty are second to none and because over half have participated in Project Zero at Harvard's School of Education, they are passionate about their subjects and approach them in exciting ways - fostering deep understanding and a love of learning - not just memorization for tests.The Pine School is located on a beautiful campus and the school community is as supportive as it is welcoming.
- Posted by Parent - Pine School Fan
The Pine School is a lovely source for growth and opportunity. Whether your child is in Kindergarten or high school, book worm or athlete (or both!), your child is guaranteed to have a family of faculty and staff supporting them starting their first day of school. The campus is immaculate and the dining hall has endless options. Thanks to TPS's small class sizes, students are able to receive the academic challenge and support that they need. Furthermore, students receive thorough college prep, from test tutoring to mock interviews. The Pine School strongly encourages the exploration of new hobbies and interests. The Pine School understands that every child has different interests and learns in different manners. The faculty and staff are constantly revisiting their teaching approaches to ensure that their students receive the education that they deserve and can benefit from the most. When you come to The Pine School, you know that you are part of a family that truly cares.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - TPS_Alumn
The Pine School is a wonderful community with teachers and faculty who care about the students like a family.The student to teacher ratio is such that each child has an opportunity to learn on their specific level. The campus is beautiful and well maintained.
- Posted by Parent - 1mom
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?