John Carroll High School
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- We at John Carroll Catholic High School hold that all people can be rational, responsible, moral, social beings, living in the world with others for the purpose of working towards the salvation of their souls and returning to God, who created them. The school seeks to teach, cultivate and deepen the love of God by teaching our students to appreciate fully our Christian faith as represented in the Catholic tradition. From this should stem a love and respect of neighbor, culminating in the apostolate of action which enables students to become knowledgeable, concerned members of our democratic society. The development of the intellect and the promotion of physical well-being are fundamental functions of the school. A curriculum which includes college preparatory classes, business, the fine arts, and health/physical education provides a variety of experiences necessary for spiritual, moral, intellectual, and physical growth leading to self-realization, healthy relationships, and civic awareness. Extracurricular activities enhance and augment the learning environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Pierce Grades: PK-8 | 523 students
401 S 33rd Street
Fort Pierce, FL 34947
(772) 461-2232 0 PK-8
- Port Saint Lucie Grades: K-12 | 489 students
2180 SE Morningside Blvd
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952
(772) 335-3231 12.4 K-12
At the time, I didn't realize how much JCHS prepared me for my college career. I was able to learn study habits and time management skills that have proven to be priceless. The rigorous AP classes allowed me to struggle while still having the support and close monitoring of the teacher. The athletic programs have been on the up and up with a new AD. The atmosphere in the school is small and family-like which I feel cultivates collaboration and success. JCHS has prepared me and given me the tools to do well in both college and in life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Class of 2018 alum
John Carroll High School is exceeding our expectations for our child's High School experience! The teacher's are always going above and beyond just teaching. They truly care about the students and are happy to be working at JCHS. The support of the administration is just as good. The sports teams are top notch and part of the whole experience! College preparation occurs from day one!
- Posted by Parent - jlped
We were looking for a chill balanced between academic excellence and faith formation. John Carroll Catholic High School has exceeded our expectations for both our children. From day one we have had a positive experience at John Carroll. They have been ablemtomparticpate in a variety of sports, clubs and academic enriched programs all while growing in their faith. Thank you to the dedicated teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Maure