St James Elementary School
Tel: (814) 899-3429
- St. James School is an integral part of the St. James Parish and community, serving elementary education grades K-8 since 1957.
- We create an atmosphere for learning based upon respect, discipline, and order.
- The goal of a St. James education is to prepare our youth to assume the duties of a knowledgeable Christian member of his/her family, school, and community.
- Small class size, individual attention, convenient morning or afternoon sessions available.
- Goal - to help your child gain self-confidence, become more independent and develop interpersonal skills.
- Program - formal religion program, letter recognition, math skills, writing skills, and computer skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.