St John Bosco School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (210) 432-8011
- St. John Bosco School educates youth academically and spiritually in the Catholic, Salesian tradition of Reason, Religion and Loving Kindness.
- It is a school where children love to Learn and learn to Love.
- We also believe that the specific function of a Catholic, Salesian School is to develop the human powers of each student religious, moral, academic, psychological, cultural, social, physical, and aesthetic thus preparing our youth "to open themselves more and more to reality and to form in themselves a clear ideal of life.
- As Salesian educators, we strive to follow the educational approach of St. John Bosco, by creating schools with a family spirit, emphasizing reason, religion and loving kindness, in a positive atmosphere of discipline, friendliness, and cheerfulness.
- In St. John Bosco`s own words, we aim to form our children to be "good Christians and upright citizens, empowering them with a joyful vision and hope of a better world.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Plaid jumpers and white blouses; khaki slacks and navy polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition average. Tuition varies depending on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Velma Riojas|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Junior National Honor Society, Student Government, Student Newpaper, Year Book Club, Youth Spirituality Circles
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama Club
- Please email us to schedule a school tour and placement testing.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Grades: K-8 | 219 students
600 Oblate Dr
San Antonio, TX 78216
(210) 824-3381 6.6 K-8
- San Antonio Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
905 Kentucky Ave
San Antonio, TX 78201
(210) 732-9207 2.9 PK-8
My last of my three children graduated from St. John Bosco School just this year. Their entry level into a strong, college prep, Catholic high school speaks for itself as to how well SJB prepares their students for college. All three of my children tested out of Algebra I, English I . . . this means they will be saving me college dollars during their junior and senior years of high school. This school takes time and care to form their students in Christian values and citizenship. As an SJB parent, I can truly say that this school takes their goals of "heaven and college" most seriously.
- Posted by Parent - alma.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.