St John Of God School
Tel: (562) 863-5721
- St. John of God Catholic School, as a multi-cultured faith community, accepts its responsibility to share with its students the Good News, while teaching Catholic values, virtues and doctrine.
- While recognizing the role of parents as the primary educators, we are dedicated to creating a Christian atmosphere that fosters and develops the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
- We earnestly desire our students to be fully integrated and self reliant young people who are aware of their Christian responsibilities to their baptismal call.
- Students are encouraged to demonstrate total commitment and witness to their Catholic faith by serving and ministering to all God's people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$404|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Flag Football, Softball, VolleyballFlag Football, Softball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Parish/School Altar Servers, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Parish/School Choir
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norwalk Grades: PK-6 | 43 students
11129 Pioneer Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562) 863-5751 1.7 PK-6
- Norwalk Grades: NS-8 | 181 students
11507 Studebaker Road
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562) 864-3712 1.8 NS-8
- Downey Grades: NS-8 | 328 students
10441 Downey Ave
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 869-9969 3.9 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?