St John Of God School
- St. John of God Catholic School, as a multi-cultured faith community, accepts its responsibility to share with its students the Good News, while teaching Catholic values, virtues and doctrine.
- While recognizing the role of parents as the primary educators, we are dedicated to creating a Christian atmosphere that fosters and develops the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
- We earnestly desire our students to be fully integrated and self reliant young people who are aware of their Christian responsibilities to their baptismal call.
- Students are encouraged to demonstrate total commitment and witness to their Catholic faith by serving and ministering to all God's people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$404|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Flag Football, Softball, VolleyballFlag Football, Softball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Parish/School Altar Servers, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Parish/School Choir
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norwalk Grades: PK-8 | 59 students
11129 Pioneer Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562)863-5751 1.7 PK-8
- Norwalk Grades: PK-8 | 175 students
11507 Studebaker Road
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562)864-3712 1.8 PK-8
- Downey Grades: NS-8 | 328 students
10441 Downey Ave
Downey, CA 90241
(562)869-9969 3.9 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.