St. John Paul II Catholic School
Tel: (612) 789-8851
St. John Paul II Catholic School Photo #2 - In partnership with the University of Notre Dame, we use blended learning, which combines targeted, personalized online lessons, small-group learning, and classroom instruction to fill the gaps in each scholar`s knowledge.
St. John Paul II Catholic School Photo #3 - Our strong vision is rooted in our core belief that each unique learner at St. John Paul II has gifts to celebrate and that every child can achieve at high levels.
- Celebrating each child`s unique gifts, we provide a rigorous Catholic education in grades K-8 that ensures scholars reach their individual academic goals and forms them in their faith. We collaborate with families to prepare each scholar for high school success, with expectations that they will graduate and seek higher education.
- Children come to know they are beloved by God, and they are inspired to use their talents to positively transform the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$60|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Super Summer Language and Math is a six-week program held at Ascension Catholic School.|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,450|
|Tuition Notes||Significant financial aid is readily available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
- Each child knows they are a beloved child of God with special gifts and talents to share with the communities to which we all belong.
- Our scholars value their education, are service-minded, faith-filled and hard working.
- Our scholars and staff worship, pray and learn together in the Catholic tradition, while welcoming and respecting all families on their unique faith journeys.
- Our graduates leave our classrooms ready for high school. They attend schools like DeLaSalle, Cristo Rey Jesuit, and Totino Grace, and they are succeeding there and getting their diplomas.
- We serve the whole child, removing barriers to education for scholars and families with community partnerships, generous donors and committed volunteers. (counselors, small class sizes, technology, enrichment, summer school)
- Staff are a mission-driven community of learners.
- We will not turn away families who want to live our mission with us for their inability to pay.
- JPII reflects the diversity and renewed energy of Northeast Minneapolis through increasing enrollment and community involvement.
- Our school is built upon a history of serving immigrants and all of the faithful, and we are upholding that tradition. Our Spanish-English bilingual culture enriches our community.
- Proud member of Ascension Catholic Academy, a consortium of schools that employs a unique governance model to ensure the financial sustainability and educational excellence of member schools.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: K-8 | 33 students
610 Broadway St Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55413
(612) 379-4296 0.5 K-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-6 | 124 students
2304 Emerson Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612) 287-9775 1.5 PK-6
- Minneapolis Grades: K-8 | 341 students
1726 Dupont Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612) 521-3609 1.6 K-8
- Minneapolis Grades: NS-K | 127 students
1125 5th Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
(612) 378-9375 1.9 NS-K