St. Joseph School-Fullerton
- Founded in the 1850's, St. Joseph School educates children Pre-k through 8th grade in the Catholic tradition.
- Our mission is to provide a positive learning environment in which every child is challenged to develop their potential: academically, spiritually, and morally.
- St Joseph incorporates the Course of Study developed and approved by the Division of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the National Standards for Education, and the Maryland State Department of Education.
- St Joseph students excel in a challenging environment, consistently scoring above average on both Archdiocesan and national standardized tests.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||524 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$5,510 for active participating Catholics and $6,975 for not active participating Catholics|
|Admissions Director||Francesca Troiano|
|Admissions Associate||Paula Beres|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Band, Art Club, Beginner Band, Magic Club, Middle School Choir, Peer Mediation Club, Robotics Team Advanced Band, Art Club, Beginner Band, Magic Club, Robotics Team, Middle School Choir,
Peer Mediation Club,
- St. Joseph School is a dynamic, faith-based school, educating children in Pre-Kindergarten (age 4) through grade eight. Our Catholic Faith is the focal point of our education process and is infused into our entire curriculum. St. Joseph students excel in our challenging, nurturing, and positive academic environment. In addition to our teachers, students have the educational support of Instructional Assistants in PreK-4 to 4th grades, Math and Reading Resource Teachers, a Speech Pathologist, and a School Counselor. Our students also receive instruction in Art, Music, Computer, Spanish (grades 4-8), Physical Education, and Library.
- School parents are integral to the success of our students. The Home and School Association plans family events and student activities to enhance our school spirit, family atmosphere, and educational programs. Recently, our school was named a 2016 Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education. This award is given only to schools with high academic standards and notable improvements in closing the achievement gap. We were one of only fifty private schools in the nation to receive this prestigious award. This accolade affirms the hard work of our students, educators, families, and community in creating a learning environment where each student is challenged to their fullest potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NottinghamGrades: PK-5 | 98 students
7910 Belair Rd
Nottingham, MD 21236
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 391 students
5407 Loch Raven Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21239
BaltimoreGrades: K-8 | 87 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
Owings MillsGrades: KG-12 | 1305 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
RosedaleGrades: PK-12 | 442 students
9202 Philadelphia Rd
Rosedale, MD 21237
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017