Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel Elementary School
- Our purpose is to proclaim joyfully the Gospel message, foster communication and motivate to serve by providing a quality Christian education based on the realization that spiritual and moral development is a living and dynamic search for truth.
- We believe that search begins and is sustained in the family and should be expanded and complemented in the school and parish community.
- Entrusted with the children - each unique and precious to the Creator - we face the task of nurturing faith and inspiring, bringing forth and guiding the special gifts with which each child is blessed.
- We are dedicated to making the experience at Mt. Carmel a positive one, full of challenge and support.
- We are constantly attuned to the individual needs and gifts of our students and committed to creating an educational environment which prepares them for the challenges of an ever changing world.
- Through the visible interaction and positive witness of the home, school, and parish community, we aim for the total development and well-being of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||368 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Navy blue pants and white polo for boys and girls. Girls have a jumper option through grade 5, kilt option grades 6-8)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,690|
|Tuition Notes||Call for multiple child and parishioner rates.|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Indoor Soccer,
- KINDERGARTEN - GRADE 5 Who said elementary school students are too young to make a difference Mount Carmel's Lower School students take action. Whether they buy 200 acres of Brazilian rain forest to Save the Trees or participate in a Read-A-Thon to communicate with international authors, Mount Carmel Kids make things happen. In a nurturing environment, a caring faculty encourages the students to learn in all they do. With this holistic approach to education, children develop a strong sense of service and self. They discover their talents as they explore the world around them. Some of the highlights in the lower school program include: 'cutting edge technology which supports the curriculum 'hands-on learning 'participation in prayer services 'advisor groups 'opportunities to develop social skills 'conflict resolution 'respect for others and the environment MIDDLE SCHOOL Adolescence is a time of dynamic change. At Mount Carmel, we understand these complex changes and address the development of the whole person. Middle schoolers are especially inquisitive during this stage. In response, Mount Carmel provides an environment where learning is comprehensive and interactive. This total educational experience goes from the classroom to prayer services to club sponsored events. There are many exciting opportunities for growth and exploration as students develop a sense of self and service. Some highlights in the middle school program include: 'academic courses 'cutting edge technology which supports the curriculum 'hands-on learning 'foreign language program 'interdisciplinary units 'development of leadership and service 'advisor groups 'student government 'activity groups 'respect of individual talents 'opportunities to develop social skills
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RosedaleGrades: PK-12 | 522 students
9202 Philadelphia Rd
Rosedale, MD 21237
PikesvilleGrades: PK-12 | 832 students
2425 Old Court Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
BaltimoreGrades: K-8 | 87 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
DundalkGrades: K-9 | 170 students
6726 Youngstown Ave
Dundalk, MD 21222
Middle RiverGrades: PK-8 | 211 students
10001 Bird River Road
Middle River, MD 21220
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017