St. Luke's Lutheran School
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #2 - The values and habits our students learn go beyond skills measured by standardized tests. For over five decades our students have gone on to achieve success in high school and college, thanks to a well-rounded education conducted in a secure, nurturing environment.
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #3 - Each student at St. Luke's has the unique opportunity to learn the skills necessary for life-long enjoyment of music. Our instrumental ensembles and choirs perform at school concerts, church worship services and outreach events.
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #4 - Technology: Our students utilize a wide variety of technology tools in the classroom to enhance learning
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #5 - Experiential Learning in and Outside of the classroom. When students are engaged in learning the understand and stimulate critical thinking. Some of these activities include labs, experiments, re-enactments, and more.
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #6 - Our students have the opportunity to receive High School Credit, while in Middle School, Students are encouraged and supported to do their best, that is why at St. Luke's over 9 out of 10 8th grade students receive at least 1 high school credit.
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #7 - Our preschool students are actively engaged in play based learning which supports positive associations with learning that help children become successful, happy, lifelong learners.
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #8 - Our preschool students have a multitude of multisensory experiences. These help children use all their senses and be actively engaged in meaningful experiences.
St. Luke's Lutheran School Photo #9 - Our Science Lab, offers our student the ability to research, investigate, gather information and test hypothesis through sensory tables, document cameras, light tables, wind tunnels, and much more.
- St. Luke's Lutheran School is an expansion of the ministry of St. Luke's Lutheran Church.
- The purpose of St. Luke`s Lutheran School is to equip all students to develop their spiritual, intellectual, interpersonal, and physical growth and to reach their full potential in a Christ-centered and educationally excellent environment."
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||807 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(3 button polo shirt, uniform khaki or navy bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,995|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid applications are available during application and enrollment period.|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Beckwith|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Lego Robotics Club, Mind Lab
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Little Linksters, Martial Arts, Soccer Shots
- Opportunity Awaits at St. Luke's Lutheran School in Oviedo. Every child at St. Luke`s is considered an "unrepeatable miracle of God" and is always encouraged to explore their unique passions, talents and skills. St. Luke`s students are presented with many great experiences, including a robust variety of fine arts, technology and athletic opportunities.The spirit of success started in 1947 when we laid our foundation on faith and built a one-room schoolhouse for 12 children. While our class size hasn't changed much over the last 60 years, our campus has grown to include over 800 students, 100 teachers and staff, and 40 classrooms.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 615 students
5902 Oleander Dr
Orlando, FL 32807
(407)277-3973 7.9 PK-8
- Sanford Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
810 S Oak Avenue
Sanford, FL 32771
(407)322-7090 11.2 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.