- Juniata Christian School is a ministry of Juniata Baptist Church, "where the beginning of wisdom is taught first"! Over forty years ago, good people in our area had a vision of training young people in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- Out of that vision, Juniata Christian School was born. In 1972, Juniata opened its doors to twenty-three students, ranging from kindergarten to third grade.
- By 1977, enrollment had increased to over two hundred, and we honored our first five graduates in 1978.
- We are blessed with an 18,000 sq.ft. educational building located on a beautiful twenty-acre campus.
- To God be the glory, great things He hath done!.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
- Juniata Christian School strives not only to give young people strong academic and character training, but also to challenge them to use their education and talents to serve the Lord Jesus Christ. For each grade level, we use a Bible-based curriculum which includes an intense phonics program and is based upon a sound traditional philosophy of education. Our curriculum is only one of the factors that allows us to offer a higher standard of education. Smaller classes afford our teachers more time to devote individual attention to each student. Our Christian teachers truly care for the well-being and development of your children and have dedicated their lives to that end. Our academic standards are among the highest in the nation. This is evidenced by approximately eighty-five percent of our graduates attending college. Giving our children a strong academic base is not our only responsibility. We must also aid in the development of their social skills. Juniata Christian School offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities from sporting events to fine arts.
Profile last updated: 09/16/2015
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.