- St. Margaret of Scotland School provides a challenging, safe and nurturing environment.
- Our students thrive in small classes, guided by experienced teachers who focus on each child's individual needs and God given talents.
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Therefore, our faculty and staff work in partnership with you to Present Jesus and His message as the foundation to guide one's decisions, actions and relationships with others , Equip students with the skills and self-confidence needed to meet the challenges of the future as problem solvers, decision makers and agents of change, Foster an environment for each child to grow academically, emotionally and spiritually, Provide learning experiences that encourage creativity and personal achievement.
- The school curriculum is regularly reviewed and revised in light of research and educational innovations.
- In every subject, we strive to incorporate critical thinking, technology, processes of assessment, social justice principles, the scientific method and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- As part of our devotion to multi-cultural education, St. Margaret of Scotland School remains committed to reminding students of the great past of African-Americans and that we do not live in isolation from our brothers and sisters who share the world with us.
- To develop an awareness and appreciation for people of all ethnic origins, we celebrate many cultures and traditions throughout the school year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants, white button down and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,300|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Football, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Dance, Flag Football,
People that viewed St. Margaret Of Scotland also viewed these schools: Morgan Park Academy, St. John De La Salle Catholic Academy Of Fine Arts, New Hope Lutheran School, Univ Of Chicago Lab School and Ridge Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 452 students
2153 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60643
ChicagoGrades: K-8 | 233 students
10212 S Vernon Ave
Chicago, IL 60628
ChicagoGrades: K-9 | 100 students
3130 W 87th Street
Chicago, IL 60652
ChicagoGrades: NS-12 | 1771 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
ChicagoGrades: 1-8 | 44 students
2501 W 103rd St
Chicago, IL 60655
St. Margaret of Scotland School has been serving our students for over 140 years, we are the 2nd oldest Catholic school in Chicago. We strive to meet all the learning needs of our children. All of our teachers are licensed, dedicated and loving people. Our students are in small classrooms, with technology and differentiated instruction to help them succceed.
- Posted by Administrator - Mr. Powers
April 27, 2017
This fictional interview illustrates how one set of parents chose a private school for their daughter.
April 27, 2017
Joseph Gauld is a distinguished educator who founded Hyde Schools in 1966.
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.