St Margaret School
Tel: (610) 664-2640
- St. Margaret School was founded as a community based school for St. Margaret Parish in the early 1900s, in a small house behind the church.
- From this time forward, the education of children flourished through caring pastors, dedicated religious and lay teachers working with the supportive families of the community.
- The education and experience at St. Margaret has broadened as families from the Lower Merion and surrounding community have chosen this faith based educational opportunity with academic excellence for their children.
- St. Margaret students continue to be educated by the Sisters of Mercy since inception, while maintaining Middle States Accreditation offering education for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms: Khaki pants & SMS Golf Shirt for boys; Jumper Gr 1 - 4; kilt gr 5-8)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Lacrosse, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Lacrosse, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Art*, After School CARES, Before School CARES, Chorus, Kids Care Club, Student Council|
- Academics & Arts
- Honors Math Program (4th through 8th Grade)
- Spanish Instruction
- Art Program
- Integrated Curriculum
- Technology K-8th
- Private Instrumental Music Instruction
- Literature Based Reading Series
- Leadership Workshop 7th & 8th Grade
- Library Science K to 4th Grade
- Optional: Chorus, Chess Club, Science Club
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Abington Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
1525 Elkins Ave
Abington, PA 19001
(215) 887-3067 11.3 PK-8
- Ambler Grades: NS-9 | 414 students
29 Conwell Dr
Ambler, PA 19002
(215) 646-0150 11.9 NS-9
- Ambler Grades: PK-8 | 187 students
260 Forest Ave
Ambler, PA 19002
(215) 646-6150 10.7 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?