Friends' Central Lower School
Tel: (610) 642-7575
- Since its establishment in 1845 by the Religious Society of Friends, Friends' Central School, a coeducational, college preparatory day school for nursery through grade 12, has been guided by Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, and equality.
- Underlying all facets of school life is the belief that "there is that of God in everyone." Meeting for Worship is central, providing time for connections among members of the community and between individuals and their spiritual sources.
- Peaceful resolution of conflicts, seeking truth, and collaborative process are key aspects of a Friends' Central education.
- Friends' Central offers rigorous and varied educational experiences in academics, arts, and athletics, helping each student to realize his or her true potential and achieve at the highest level possible.
- We encourage trial and error, critical thinking and questioning, and intellectual courage in all areas of our curriculum.
- We strive to balance competence in using sophisticated technology with the richness of a humanistic education.
- Students' individual interests are encouraged and supported while essential skills are carefully honed.
- We intentionally seek a wide spectrum of diversity in our school community.
- We respect unreservedly that diversity and strive to enhance and support it.
- Diversity influences how we teach, learn, and communicate. It enriches the community and furthers understanding that each human life is intrinsically valuable and interrelated, one with another.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||264 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Randy Roach|
|Admissions Associate||Cynthia Harris|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blue Bell Grades: Inquire with school | 61 students
1775 Skippack Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
(610) 275-1775 10.7 Inquire with school
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.