- Since its establishment in 1845 by the Religious Society of Friends, Friends' Central School, a coeducational, college preparatory day school for nursery through grade 12, has been guided by Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, and equality.
- Underlying all facets of school life is the belief that "there is that of God in everyone." Meeting for Worship is central, providing time for connections among members of the community and between individuals and their spiritual sources.
- Peaceful resolution of conflicts, seeking truth, and collaborative process are key aspects of a Friends' Central education.
- Friends' Central offers rigorous and varied educational experiences in academics, arts, and athletics, helping each student to realize his or her true potential and achieve at the highest level possible.
- We encourage trial and error, critical thinking and questioning, and intellectual courage in all areas of our curriculum.
- We strive to balance competence in using sophisticated technology with the richness of a humanistic education.
- Students' individual interests are encouraged and supported while essential skills are carefully honed.
- We intentionally seek a wide spectrum of diversity in our school community.
- We respect unreservedly that diversity and strive to enhance and support it.
- Diversity influences how we teach, learn, and communicate. It enriches the community and furthers understanding that each human life is intrinsically valuable and interrelated, one with another.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||264 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Randy Roach|
|Admissions Associate||Cynthia Harris|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GladwyneGrades: NS-8 | 251 students
920 Youngsford Road
Gladwyne, PA 19035
LansdowneGrades: K-6 | 93 students
110 N Lansdowne Ave
Lansdowne, PA 19050
JenkintownGrades: NS-12 | 568 students
575 Washington Ln
Jenkintown, PA 19046
DresherGrades: NS-6 | 150 students
1701 Jarrettown Rd
Dresher, PA 19025
Blue BellGrades: K-3 | 122 students
1775 Skippack Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.