St Mark United Methodist Kindergarten
5.00 (1 review)
- Saint Mark KIDS is a 1/2 day MDO for children 6 months through age 2.
- Saint Mark Kindergarten includes our state-licensed program for children ages 3k through 5k.
- The Kindergarten offers 1/2 day and full day programs. Enrichment classes that are included in Kindergarten tuition are music, Spanish, motor development and computer.
- Kindergarten children also attend chapel weekly. Teachers in both programs are experienced, mature adults with a love for children and ministry.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We have 1/2 day and full day programs for preschool and kindergarten. MDO is 1/2 day only. Tuition varies.|
- Since 1970, Saint Mark Kindergarten has offered exceptional early childhood education to the "over the mountain" area. Our goal has been to provide a positive environment in which the child will develop an interest in learning and a confidence in his own abilities, through cognitive and sensory activities that challenge the child in a developmentally appropriate manner. We work to enhance each child's awareness of God's love for him and to teach children to care for all of God's creation. Although it is not required of church-based child care programs, Saint Mark chooses to be licensed by the state as one way to maintain high standards. Throughout the years, children from Saint Mark have been welcomed into surrounding elementary schools as enthusiastic learners who are well prepared for the social and academic challenges ahead.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: NS-PK | 227 students
2865 Old Rocky Ridge Road
Birmingham, AL 35243
(205)823-2580 2.6 NS-PK
- Birmingham Grades: PK-K | 123 students
350 Overbrook Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)874-1541 5.7 PK-K
- Birmingham Grades: PK-K | 156 students
3145 Brook Highland Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35242
(205)980-3053 7.9 PK-K
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)956-9731 8.8 PK-8
We have sent all 3 of our children to St. Marks for pre-K and have cherished it. The teachers are great, energetic, compassionate, and take great pride in teaching the children. The administration is fantastic as well. The kids have art, gym, Spanish, music, learn colors and the alphabet, and have outside playtime on an awesome playground. The school encourages parents to red to the class and has a few events throughout the year. I highly recommend it!
- Posted by Parent - georg
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.