St Mary Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Mary Academy, founded in 1912, is a regional elementary school, located in Dover, New Hampshire, and operated under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester.
- As a Catholic Christian School, St. Mary Academy strives to be a community of peace, justice and love, modeled on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- This mission is grounded in a program which emphasizes faith development, personal responsibility, mutual respect, academic achievement and service to others.
- Each child is encouraged to develop his own gifts to their fullest potential while appreciating and supporting the uniqueness of each person.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hampton Grades: PK-8 | 221 students
289 Lafayette Rd
Hampton, NH 03842
(603)926-3254 17.7 PK-8
- Portsmouth Grades: NS-8 | 169 students
315 Banfield Road
Portsmouth, NH 03801
(603)436-0739 11 NS-8
We couldn't be happier with our choice to send our children to Saint Mary Academy. The curriculum is wonderful and improving each year. They offer music, art, sports, theatre and a variety of after school enrichment programs catering to the various ages of their students. We love the small class sizes as well as the individual attention the children receive. They are firm, loving and fair in their teachings and handlings of their students. We feel strongly about the moral and ethical values being instilled in our children everyday. It has been a wonderful and positive experience for our family. We highly recommend Saint Mary Academy to anyone looking for a Catholic/private school experience.
- Posted by Parent - luvbu
My family has been a part of the Saint Mary Academy Family for 12 years. It is an amazing school with teachers who truly care for the students that they teach. The past 2 1/2 years have been difficult with administration, however the principal has since resigned & the assistant principal is amazing. She is very interested in what parents, staff and students have to say about the school & is working didigently to bring back the sense of community that we have had in the past with Mrs. Reese & Sr. Monica running the school. I am very happy to have my children at SMA and know that they are well cared for and educated with the current and best educational standards in mind. They are also taught compassion and caring for others while learning the "Golden Rule".
- Posted by Parent - dugmo
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.