St Mary Of The Assumption School
5.00 (1 review)
- We, the staff of St. Mary of the Assumption School, teach children with a Christian environment.
- We are dedicated to provide a climate in which the students are guided through their own efforts, to the realization of the God-given spiritual, intellectual and personal capabilities.
- Our aim is to help the students develop the ability to be self-directed and to make sound judgments; children whose lives will be lived in conformity with the teaching of Christ and the ideals of family life.
- We strive to foster children who are prepared to meet the physical, economic, social and cultural demands of our society.
- We recognize that parents are the natural educators of their children.
- We work in partnership with them to promote consistency between the values taught in school and those developed in the home.
- We are aware of the uniqueness of each child, therefore we attempt to provide a teaching climate in which each child can experience success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whittier Grades: PK-8 | 267 students
11537 Grovedale Drive
Whittier, CA 90604
(562)694-1879 4.6 PK-8
- Whittier Grades: K-8 | 334 students
15700 Citrustree Rd
Whittier, CA 90603
(562)943-8812 3.8 K-8
- Whittier Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
13925 Telegraph Road
Whittier, CA 90604
(562)941-0750 3.1 PK-8
- Downey Grades: K-5 | 106 students
8033 3rd St
Downey, CA 90241
(562)861-1499 5.9 K-5
my kids are going to saint marys since last year staff teachers and principal are really good persons and take care of the kids my kids every year are more advance in academics im really proud of them the academic education here is more advance than public school worth that you pay
- Posted by Parent - caryc
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.