Whittier Friends School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (562) 945-1654
- Whittier Friends School is dedicated to the growth and development of the whole child as a life-long learner, a responisible citizen, a spiritual being, a social individual and a peace-maker.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,250|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts available for siblings|
- Limited enrollment, with approximately 10 students per teacherMulti-grade classrooms, where students may advance or recieve extra help while remaining with peers.Study traditional core subjects of math, language arts, history and science along with arts, music, theatre arts, physical education and conflict resolution. There is at least one field trip per month related to their classroom studies.Our students leave with a sense of self, with confidence in being an individual while holding true to values they have come to embody.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whittier Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
13925 Telegraph Road
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 941-0750 3.3 PK-8
- Whittier Grades: PK-K | 100 students
13841 Christine Dr
Whittier, CA 90605
(562) 696-5114 1.5 PK-K
- Downey Grades: K-5 | 106 students
8033 3rd St
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 861-1499 6.3 K-5
My son is entering 7th grade at Whittier Friends School and it's his second year, I just wish I found this school sooner. He has matured so much within the last year. Wow...what a difference a school makes. His teacher listens when he has something to say. Doesn't just brush him off and ignore him. He now feels important and contributes his thoughts and ideas in class. Where in public school, he was ignored and eventually just shut down. Also, what was important to me is there are NO bullies at Whittier Friends School. Not one! The kids are able to be kids and have fun. Concentrate in class and enjoy coming to school without worrying about being bullied. I highly recommend you and your child check out Whittier Friends School. You won't be disappointed.
- Posted by Parent - eltho
My three-year-old son has been attending the preschool program for five months now at Whittier Friends School. I love how his teachers can give me a detailed description of how his day went. I truly feel like the teachers know my son and enjoy him! And even though my son is on the young side, I feel like he is really starting to know things like his alphabet or counting. Today I was amazed that he knew a triangle had three sides. He is excited to go to school and see his friends and teachers. I''m glad he has a school like WFS to begin his education.
- Posted by Parent - cassi
My son is in 7th grade and has been at WFS since preschool. We found the school when he was 3 years old. Friends is a very welcoming environment, and the teachers are dedicated beyond belief; this is less like going to school than like hiring someone to home-school your kid. Everyone knows each other, both parents and students, and anyone can speak up; be it to the teachers, (all of whom are very attentive to the needs of the individual child), or at the monthly parent meetings. The student body has a truly remarkable record of later achievement. This school is well worth a look.
- Posted by Parent - jas.k
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.