Whittier Friends School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 33 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,250
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Discounts available for siblings
- Limited enrollment, with approximately 10 students per teacherMulti-grade classrooms, where students may advance or recieve extra help while remaining with peers.Study traditional core subjects of math, language arts, history and science along with arts, music, theatre arts, physical education and conflict resolution. There is at least one field trip per month related to their classroom studies.Our students leave with a sense of self, with confidence in being an individual while holding true to values they have come to embody.
My son is entering 7th grade at Whittier Friends School and it's his second year, I just wish I found this school sooner. He has matured so much within the last year. Wow...what a difference a school makes. His teacher listens when he has something to say. Doesn't just brush him off and ignore him. He now feels important and contributes his thoughts and ideas in class. Where in public school, he was ignored and eventually just shut down. Also, what was important to me is there are NO bullies at Whittier Friends School. Not one! The kids are able to be kids and have fun. Concentrate in class and enjoy coming to school without worrying about being bullied. I highly recommend you and your child check out Whittier Friends School. You won't be disappointed.
My three-year-old son has been attending the preschool program for five months now at Whittier Friends School. I love how his teachers can give me a detailed description of how his day went. I truly feel like the teachers know my son and enjoy him! And even though my son is on the young side, I feel like he is really starting to know things like his alphabet or counting. Today I was amazed that he knew a triangle had three sides. He is excited to go to school and see his friends and teachers. I''m glad he has a school like WFS to begin his education.
My son is in 7th grade and has been at WFS since preschool. We found the school when he was 3 years old. Friends is a very welcoming environment, and the teachers are dedicated beyond belief; this is less like going to school than like hiring someone to home-school your kid. Everyone knows each other, both parents and students, and anyone can speak up; be it to the teachers, (all of whom are very attentive to the needs of the individual child), or at the monthly parent meetings. The student body has a truly remarkable record of later achievement. This school is well worth a look.
Endorse Whittier Friends School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.