- St. Mary of the Assumption School is a coeducational Catholic elementary school founded by St. Mary of the Assumption Church in 1925, to serve the Catholic families of the greater Upper Marlboro area.
- This school is committed to the embodiment of the threefold educational mission of the Church: to teach the message of Jesus, to build Christian community, and to foster a concern for social justice.
- This is accomplished through an instructional program dedicated to academic excellence and vibrant faith aimed at the development of the whole child; that is, one who is spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically mature.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,592|
|Tuition Notes||$400 Refundable Service Hours Fee included in tuition|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Tamera Campbell|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Bookwalter|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, National Junior Honor Society, Rosary Club, STEM Program, Yearbook Drama, Rosary Club, STEM Program, Yearbook, National Junior Honor Society,
- Please take a minute to visit our website. We hope you find it helpful as you seek information regarding our school. We are committed to partnering with parents, the first and primary educators of children. Ideally, we support and enhance the educational process by providing technical assistance and sound pedagogy in appropriate ways. Our website serves as a comprehensive tool that features many of the wonderful facets of our school. One of the great joys of our school community is building relationships with parents and children. We encourage you to call and schedule a tour of our school environment. We look forward to meeting you!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-8 | 152 students
9010 Frank Tippett Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
ClintonGrades: PK-8 | 221 students
8912 Old Branch Ave
Clinton, MD 20735
District HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 142 students
6704 Marlboro Pike
District Heights, MD 20747
This is a very good school. The teachers and class size are great, and my kids are performing well above grade level. My kids were previously enrolled in a school in Arlington, but surprisingly this surpasses that school. I hope they keep it up.
- Posted by Parent - Cnfar
For parents looking for quality education, that raises the bar for students in a caring environment, I would recommend this school. The admission process is legnthy because your kid has to test to get in but, it's worth it if accepted. The teachers are good, they know he skills kids need to be 21st century global citizens.
- Posted by Parent - Cnfar
I would highly recommend this school. It is a very tight-knit community where everyone is involved and looks out for each other. I am often amazed at what my daughter is being taught. The school offers a variety of activities to keep families engaged.
- Posted by Parent - Blgre
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.