St. Mary Of The Assumption School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (301) 627-4170
- St. Mary of the Assumption School is a coeducational Catholic elementary school founded by St. Mary of the Assumption Church in 1925, to serve the Catholic families of the greater Upper Marlboro area.
- This school is committed to the embodiment of the threefold educational mission of the Church: to teach the message of Jesus, to build Christian community, and to foster a concern for social justice.
- This is accomplished through an instructional program dedicated to academic excellence and vibrant faith aimed at the development of the whole child; that is, one who is spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically mature.
- We are celebrating for the third year in a row "Blue Ribbon" status in Reading, where are scores are phenomenal. As an example, our eighth graders met the ninth grade "cut scores" for this prestigious award. If you want your child to learn to read, and read well, send him/her to our school.
St. Mary Of The Assumption School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$400|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$200 for math, $200 for reading|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,935|
|Tuition Notes||$400 Refundable Service Hours Fee included in tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Tamera Campbell|
|Admissions Associate||Teresa Luna|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, National Junior Honor Society, Rosary Club, STEM Program, Yearbook|
- Please take a minute to visit our website. We hope you find it helpful as you seek information regarding our school. We are committed to partnering with parents, the first and primary educators of children. Ideally, we support and enhance the educational process by providing technical assistance and sound pedagogy in appropriate ways. Our website serves as a comprehensive tool that features many of the wonderful facets of our school. One of the great joys of our school community is building relationships with parents and children. We encourage you to call and schedule a tour of our school environment. We look forward to meeting you!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Upper Marlboro Grades: K-8 | 52 students
1500 Brown Station Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
(301) 350-4522 4.5 K-8
This is a very good school. The teachers and class size are great, and my kids are performing well above grade level. My kids were previously enrolled in a school in Arlington, but surprisingly this surpasses that school. I hope they keep it up.
- Posted by Parent - Cnfar
I would highly recommend this school. It is a very tight-knit community where everyone is involved and looks out for each other. I am often amazed at what my daughter is being taught. The school offers a variety of activities to keep families engaged.
- Posted by Parent - Blgre
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.