- St. Mary of the Mills School is a Roman Catholic, parish based elementary school (K-8), which was founded in 1893.
- Our Whole Language philosophy is aimed at enabling each student to achieve his or her full potential.
- Firmly grounded in our Catholic heritage, we help all achieve personal excellence in spirit, mind and body.
- Following the example of Christ, we respect the dignity of each person.
- We inspire lifelong learning and a loving, secure Catholic Community.
- St. Mary of the Mills School is an integral part of our parish community.
- We believe parents are the primary educators of their children and together we can carry on the mission of evangelization entrusted by Jesus to the Church He founded.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||413 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LaurelGrades: PK-8 | 189 students
15002 First Baptist Ln
Laurel, MD 20707
BowieGrades: PK-8 | 648 students
14710 Annapolis Rd
Bowie, MD 20715
BowieGrades: K-12 | 36 students
Po Box 796
Bowie, MD 20718
LaurelGrades: PK-4 | 60 students
9450 Madison Ave
Laurel, MD 20723
LanhamGrades: PK-12 | 195 students
8400 Good Luck Road
Lanham, MD 20706
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.