- Founded more than 155 years ago, St. Augustine School is the oldest Catholic school in Howard County and one of the oldest in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- St. Augustine School provides a high-quality, faith-filled education to children in preschool through grade 8.
- St. Augustine's was named a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School by the U. S. Department of Education and provides an affordable, high quality education, including religious instruction, music, art, foreign language instruction, character education and technology integration.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Reading/Math Resource|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(blue bottoms and yellow polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,100|
|Tuition Notes||St. Augustine and Ascension parishioners as well as active military receive a discounted rate|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tamara Sciullo|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Middle School Math Team, Piano Lab, Quiz Bowl Team, Rachel's Friends Club, Student Government Band, Choir, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Piano Lab, Quiz Bowl Team, Middle School Math Team,
Rachel's Friends Club,
- In addition to traditional classes such as reading, math, social studies and science, St. Augustine School offers technology integration, Spanish, art, music, media/library, religion and physical education. Extra-curricular activities include Boy/Girl Scouts, band, choir, basketball, cheerleading, Piano Lab, math team and Quiz Bowl.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ColumbiaGrades: PK-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 415 students
3155 Paulskirk Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 212 students
4801 Ilchester Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043
ClarksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 502 students
12500 Clarksville Pike
Clarksville, MD 21029
SavageGrades: NS-8 | 329 students
Po Box 406
Savage, MD 20763
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.