Mount De Sales Academy
- Mount de Sales Academy is a Catholic, all-girls, college preparatory high school administered by the Dominican Sisters of the St. Cecilia Congregation.
- Mount de Sales Academy embodies the rich heritage of Catholic education for women in a framework of educational excellence and timeless Catholic tradition.
- While fostering a genuine understanding of the Catholic faith, our educational program is designed to prepare young women for entrance into a selective college and for meeting the challenges of life.
- The love of God impels the Trustees and Administration of Mount de Sales Academy to contribute to the advancement of the Kingdom of Christ on earth by providing a quality education for young women in the spirit of St. Francis de Sales.
- The educational process and content will be, as in generations past, undergirded daily by the teaching and practice of the faith passed on by the Apostles and promulgated by the Catholic Church.
- The curriculum will be primarily academic in nature, emphasizing the liberal arts as a tested way of preparing students both for further studies and for the challenges of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||503 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HalethorpeGrades: 5-8
1201 S Caton Avenue
Halethorpe, MD 21227
- BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 320 students
901 Aisquith Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
- TowsonGrades: 6-12 | 835 students
815 Hampton Lane
Towson, MD 21286
- BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 329 students
1300 E Northern Pkwy
Baltimore, MD 21239
- BaltimoreGrades: NS-12 | 686 students
5204 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.