Mount De Sales Academy
Tel: (410) 744-8498
- Mount de Sales Academy is a Catholic, all-girls, college preparatory high school administered by the Dominican Sisters of the St. Cecilia Congregation.
- Mount de Sales Academy embodies the rich heritage of Catholic education for women in a framework of educational excellence and timeless Catholic tradition.
- While fostering a genuine understanding of the Catholic faith, our educational program is designed to prepare young women for entrance into a selective college and for meeting the challenges of life.
- The love of God impels the Trustees and Administration of Mount de Sales Academy to contribute to the advancement of the Kingdom of Christ on earth by providing a quality education for young women in the spirit of St. Francis de Sales.
- The educational process and content will be, as in generations past, undergirded daily by the teaching and practice of the faith passed on by the Apostles and promulgated by the Catholic Church.
- The curriculum will be primarily academic in nature, emphasizing the liberal arts as a tested way of preparing students both for further studies and for the challenges of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||506 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Halethorpe Grades: 5-8
1201 S Caton Avenue
Halethorpe, MD 21227
(410) 646-4444 3.1 5-8
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 329 students
1300 E Northern Pkwy
Baltimore, MD 21239
(410) 433-8880 8.9 9-12
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 620 students
5204 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
(443) 934-3896 6.7 PK-12
- Brooklandville Grades: 5-12 | 440 students
11232 Falls Rd
Brooklandville, MD 21022
(410) 823-6323 9.8 5-12
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.