St Mark School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Mark School is a vital faith and academic community founded in 1889 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, as part of the larger parish community of Saint Mark Catholic Church.
- St. Mark currently enrolls students from Pre-School through the 8th grade.
- St. Mark School strives to provide the best spiritual and academic foundation for its students.
- Various activities help students to grow in both of these areas.
- St. Mark School, a Roman Catholic grade school, guides its students to the realization that responsibility towards God, neighbor, and self comes with the attainment of knowledge.
- The faculty supports the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth of the students.
- Within each subject area, instructors call the students to perceive, organize, inquire, communicate, and respond to age-appropriate lessons using critical thinking skills.
- Saint Mark School strives to nurture the achievement of each student and to encourage the development of his or her God-given talents.
- It is the mission of Saint Mark School to provide a superior education based on the teaching of Jesus through His Church.
- This mission is accomplished by striving to instill Christian values and service, personal responsibility, intellectual curiosity, and strong academic performance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||PRIDE Program|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,961|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner and Non parishioner rate. Multi child discount|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Drama Club, Friends of Rachel Club, Friends of St. Francis Ecology Club, It's Academic Club, Lego Robotics Club, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics Club, School Safety Patrol, STEM Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club, Young Naturalists Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Instrumental Band, School Chorus
Recreational Athletic Programs:
St. Mark Athletic Association
- The Siena Program is our program for the academically talented student. Students will be identified by the Siena committee using a set criteria including standardized test scores, grades, teacher recommendations and a writing sample. Using differentiated instruction within the regular classroom such as curriculum compacting, tiered instruction, independent projects and curriculum acceleration, students in the program are encouraged to develop their full potential.
- St. Mark offers a PRIDE Program (Pupils Receiving Inclusive Diversified Education) for students with learning differences. Students attend specialized classes in language arts and math while attending their other classes with their grade level peers.
- St. Mark School has been awarded Green School Status by the Maryland Green School Awards Program supported by the Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CatonsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 211 students
603 Saint Agnes Ln
Catonsville, MD 21229
- CatonsvilleGrades: KG-8 | 109 students
929 Ingleside Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228
- Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 232 students
4801 Ilchester Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043
- BaltimoreGrades: PK-5 | 102 students
5150 Balto Natl Pike
Baltimore, MD 21229
- ElkridgeGrades: PK-8 | 278 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
If you''re looking for a safe, caring, nurturing, diverse and great learning environment for your child, I''d strongly suggest taking a close look at St. Mark School in Catonsville, Maryland. Me and my 2 brothers went there and we loved it and now I have 2 boys who attend and we''ve been incredibly pleased with the school and the teachers. The community is even better. Our boys spent some time in the preschool before starting kindergarten and immediately felt comfortable. We loved Mrs. Masters and the teachers in preschool so much! We have also been very active in the athletic program through the school with everything from soccer to basketball. The programs are fun, encouraging and great for the kids and parents. It's a fantastic place. Highly Recommend!!!
- Posted by Parent - charl
St. Mark is an academically and spiritually strong school. Both my children went on to private high schools, and in speaking to their advisers this is what they said. To them, St. Mark is the benchmark of academic preparation for high school. They look forward to welcoming St. Mark students to their schools. This speaks volumes as to the strength of both the lower and middle schools. You''ll be glad you sent your child to St. Mark!
- Posted by Parent - jannb
Great school! Faculty and Teachers truly care about the whole life and education of the children. Many experienced and engaging teachers keep children interested, focused, and make learning fun. Great math, science, and reading/english/literature teachers and programs. The Catholic nature of the school helps our children feel safe at school, keeps learning wholesome and friendly, and helps filter-out some of the cultural craziness that cannot be filtered-out at public schools, while still keeping the curriculum up-to-date with modern science and current events. Tons of parental, family, and parishioner involvement make this parish school feel like one big family. Many of the teachers were once students at St. Mark, have children that are either alumni or current students, and a few have soon to be students, making the teachers highly invested in the educational quality and overall enviroment of the school. An involved home-school association keeps parents a say in the schools daily events. The online resources, such as "power school" help parents track their students daily progress and classroom performance. Siblings discounts make it affordable for large families.
- Posted by Parent - matt_
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.