Mercy High School
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 444 students
- Yearly Tuition: $17,180
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 16
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Anime Club, Art Club, Asian Student Union, Black Awareness Club, Class Officers and Steering Committee, Craft Club, Dublin Dancers (Irish Dance), Environmental Awareness Club, Ethics Team, Footlighters (Theatre), Girls' Athletic Association, International Club, Lance Staff (School Literary Magazine), Model Diplomats Team, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Peer Educators, Peer Ministry, Pep Squad, Science Olympiad Team, Social Justice Society, Spanish Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, The Shield (Newspaper), VALID
Arts and Music Programs:
Apprentice Dance Company, Dance Troupe, Ensemble Players (Instrumental Music), Mercy Madrigals (choral), Mercy Mezzos (choral)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports Program
- 4 Special STEM programs: Women in Medicine in Partnership with Mercy Medical Center, Sister Agnese Neumann Scholars Program in partnership with MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, Women in Technology, Project Lead the Way Biomedical Science
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
- The Dorothy Williams Bunting Science Center
- The Marion I. and Henry J. Knott Computer Lab
- 4-year visual arts, music and theater programs
- The Sr. Marie Foley College Counseling Center
- The Catherine McAuley Honors Program
- AP Courses
- Writing Workshop
- 4-Year Seminar Program Focused on College and Career Planning
- National Honor Society
- The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Performing Arts Center
- 4-Year Art Program
- National Art Honor Society
- 4-Year Fine Arts Programs (visual and performing)
- Dance Program
- Choral Arts Program
- Instrumental Music Program
- Leadership Development Programs (on and off-campus)
- Community Service Program
- Spiritual Growth Program
- Part of the Network for Mercy Education (198 secondary schools worldwide)
- 26-Acre Wooded Campus
- Home Athletic Fields
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mercy High School cost?
Mercy High School's tuition is approximately $17,180 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Mercy High School?
The acceptance rate of Mercy High School is 70%, which is lower than the national average of 81%. Mercy High School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Maryland with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Mercy High School offer?
Mercy High School offers 12 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball and Winter Track. Mercy High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for most sports offered.
What is Mercy High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Mercy High School?
The application deadline for Mercy High School is Dec. 16.
View the Mercy High School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse Mercy High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards