Bethel Christian Academy
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (301) 725-4673
- Bethel Christian Academy serves students in preschool though 8th grade. BCA offers students an environment of caring and compassion in which they can grow spiritually, emotionally, and socially as well acadmically. The excellent academic program prepares students to proceed into the high school's of their choice with success. Thorugh the school's STEM initiative, students have the opportunity to challenge themselves through projects and activities. Middle school students learn coding and can take Robotics as an elective class. BCA seeks to meet the needs of a diverse group of students. Check it out! .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool - PreK $8050 Kindergarten - 5th grade $7950 Middle School $8200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brenonda Gray|
|Admissions Associate||Claire Dant|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
CETAT Coding Class, Integrity Martial Arts, Science Plus, Tech Bridge
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Classes, Drama Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Trax Sports, Tumble Bus Gymnastics
- BCA is growing! With the opening of the new Oakes Building, students have the opportunity to learn in small classes with committed, qualified teachers. Over the course of a student's school career, he/she spends 15,000 hours in school -- at BCA, they will spend that time with teachers who care about them to help them grow spiritually and academically. Along with core academic subjects, students receive instruction in art, music, computer/media, physical education, and chapel. Midle school students may choose a variety of additional elective classes.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 312-7413 3.8 NS-8
- Elkridge Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410) 796-3040 7.6 PK-8
It is a good school, remember all the memories there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ephrem
Great school, great environment, and great staff.The school has been great to my children and I continue to pray that this school will receive all that is needed for the children to continue to have the best education...
- Posted by Parent - HumbledBaby
Loving school environment. Kids love coming to school and love learning.
- Posted by Parent - Happy
We have been at Bethel for two years. We were at a school that had a lot of love, but wasn't very strong in academics. I chose Bethel because I heard it was an academically challenging environment. My son's first year at Bethel, I commented to his teacher that I knew he was a bit of a follower and she said no, he has grace and doesn't want anyone to be left out or upset. I''d never really looked at it that way. Bethel definitely has great academics, but what I really love is that I also have that environment of love that I didn't want to lose.
- Posted by Parent - aliyo
One child has already graduated from Bethel and I have more still attending. Bethel provides a nurturing Christian environment but also an academically challenging curriculum which we were looking for. The Principals, teachers and staff are very involved and truly believe in parent-teacher partnership. The classes are small which provides an opportunity for teachers to interact with students and for students to really gain friendships and trust. I would highly highly recommend Bethel Christian Academy. As parents, we love it .. but when your children also say they love their school .. that speaks volumes!
- Posted by Parent - chael
Bethel Christain Academy is providing a strong foundation for my children. There are academic skills that they are being taught that are not emphasized in public school. The teachers are caring and challenge their students.
- Posted by Parent - lesli
My children have been at Bethel from K4 all through middle school. It provides a wonderful Christian environment and a great learning atmosphere. Classes sizes are small and the teachers care about their students. As my children graduated one by one, they were prepared spiritually and academically for all challenges in high school. They were able to adjust to rigorous schedules as well as maintain good grades and Christian character because of the foundation at Bethel. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - amy_s
At Bethel Christian Academy, we provide a rigorous curriculum that prepares our students for high school and beyond in a caring Christian environment. It has been my pleasure to work with many parents and students over the years, and I always look forward to the times when alumni come by to visit. They are doing well in high schools, colleges, and in their chosen careers and many continue to report that the education they received at BCA was instrumental to their success. I encourage prospective parents to come by and check us out!
- Posted by Administrator - cmdan
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?