5.00 (2 reviews)
- Trinity School is an independent, Catholic preschool, primary and middle school, located on a peaceful, wooded 48 acre campus in Howard County, MD. Coeducational and ethinically diverse, the school is sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
- Trinity offers a broad and challenging educational program at every level in a caring environment.
- In response to this extraordinary time of pandemic, Trinity quickly shifted from in person to remote learning but remained "a place where children learn to love learning.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Language-Based Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||http://www.trinityschoolmd.org/student_life/summer_camp_program|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1999|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 5 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,700|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. The application to apply is located on our website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brooke Bednarski|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Intramural Sports Only, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Intramural Sports Only, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Middle School Clubs, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Band, Concert Choir, Handbell Choir
- Trinity offers a strong academic curriculum with expanding and enriching programs in all disciplines. The primary focus of the program is to teach children to learn how to learn. Instruction centers on skill-building across the various disciplines including: reading and writing skills, computation, problem solving, the scientific method, technology skills, critical thinking, historical and geographical inquiry, study skills and creative expression.The School strives to maintain a student population that is enriched by economic, cultural, and ethnic diversity. Trinity seeks to prepare students to interact in a diverse society and to assume responsibility for community development through service and out-reach programs. By learning how to sacrifice for others and to share resources with the needy, the children are taught to be responsible citizens in a global society.Trinity is a family-centered school. Parents and teachers form a partnership, working together to achieve the best for the children. Opportunities for growth and involvement in the School are made available to the entire family throughout the Trinity experience.Every aspect of the Trinity philosophy nurtures the total child, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and academically. The fostering of a positive self-image encourages every child to accomplish his or her unique God-given mission.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elkridge Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)796-3040 2.8 PK-8
- Ellicott City Grades: PK-8 | 418 students
3155 Paulskirk Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410)461-9111 5.1 PK-8
Trinity was the best choice for our child. The size of the class and the attention to our child's needs in the caring and nurturing environment made for an excellent experience.
- Posted by Parent - HC
I didn't realize how well Trinity School prepared my children for high school until they became freshman. Compared to their peers, they found themselves far better prepared when it came to academics, organizational skills, time management and overall confidence in themselves. They were often complemented to their high level writing skills. I cannot recommend Trinity School enough - it was the perfect combination of a small private school that gave my children the one-on-one attention they needed academically while still providing them a faith-based education. They friendships they developed will last a lifetime.
- Posted by Parent - MG
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.